Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Smita Singh makes her comeback in Bhagya Vidhata

Views: 5473  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 05-28-2009, 02:01 PM

Default Smita Singh makes her comeback in Bhagya Vidhata

Smita Singh, who was last seen in Woh Rehne Waali Mehlon Ki as Chameli, is now back on the small screen after eight harrowing months of cancer treatment. Smita had to take time off from work to treat the skin cancer that she was suffering from. She is presently seen in Bhagya Vidhata (Colors). We caught up with the actress, who has since made a full recovery, as she talks about the whole ordeal.

How does it feel to get back to work after eight months?

Oh… I can’t even express how it feels yaar! It’s a relief, I’ve had sleepless nights and traumatic days all this while. But it really feels great to get back to work and back to television after such a long gap.

When did you realise that you had skin cancer?

On September 29 last year when I was at my friend’s place. Lumps which had developed all over my body started paining like anything. The pain was unbearable, I thought it was some allergy that would disappear after a while but I had to go to the doctor after my condition got aggravated severely the very next day. The doctor told me to take certain tests and finally diagnosed me with having the first stage of skin cancer.

What were the symptoms?
I developed lumps all over my body which started paining. I didn’t pay attention initially but when they started growing in size, I had to see the doctor.

What kind of treatment did you undergo?
There were many things. I started my treatment on October 2 and was admitted in the hospital for three months. There was acupuncture, wherein they inserted about 60 needles inside my body and then, for three hours, passed electric current continuously. Due to this, my whole body turned blue. It was only when I took rest in January that I returned to normal. Apart from this, I also had to take medicines regularly for the lumps to dissolve completely. It was very painful.

Who took care of you?
I stay alone in Mumbai and my family resides in Lucknow. There was nobody, I used to take care of myself. Right from cooking to everything, I did it myself as I don’t like anyone else’s work.

What has the doctor advised you to do?
I’ve been advised to avoid eating spicy food but that has never been a problem for me as I always eat boiled food anyway. I have also been told to improve my eating and sleeping habits. Hence, I’ve changed my lifestyle quite a lot. I’ve decided to do one show at a time.

Is this your first project since you recovered?
No, immediately after I recovered, I was offered a movie. This was in February. The movie is titled Queen’s Destiny Of Dance and is shot in Jaipur. It is based on the life of eunuchs. It also stars popular faces like Seema Biswas, Laxmi Narayan Tripathi and many others. It’s a wonderful movie and is scheduled to release some time after August.

Tell us something about your character in Bhagya Vidhata.
I am playing Poonpoonwaali, who is a very dominating, cunning and manipulative lady. She is the lead vamp on the show. This Bihari girl was born into a very rich family and hence she got 50 lakh rupees and lots of jewellery in dowry. Because of that, everyone respects her and that’s the reason she wants to dominate the entire family.

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->