Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Sports News Forum

Spl. Photos of Roger Federer's Life

Views: 15140  
Old 01-30-2010, 05:25 PM

Reflecting on his childhood, he said, "I liked tennis the best of all sports. It was always exciting and winning or losing was always in my hands." (Wikipedia)
Old 01-30-2010, 05:26 PM

When he was 10, Federer began weekly private coaching with Adolf Kacovsky – a tennis coach at The Old Boys Tennis Club. "I noticed right away that this guy was a natural talent," said Kacovsky. "He was born with a racquet in his hand." At first, Federer received lessons only while part of a group, although "the club and I quickly noticed he was enormously talented. We began giving him private lessons that were partly funded by the club. Roger was a quick learner. When you wanted to teach him something new, he was able to pick it up after three of four tries, while others in the group needed weeks."

A "star pupil", the Swiss youngster always wanted to become the best in the world. "People laughed at him, including me," recollects Kacovsky. "I thought that he would perhaps become the best player in Switzerland or Europe but not the best in the world. He had it in his head and he worked at it." In this picture Federer (2001) is seen with tennis coach Kacovsky. (Photo Courtesy: Tennis Club Old Boys Basel)(Wikipedia)

He played football until the age of twelve when he decided to focus solely on tennis. At fourteen, he became the national champion of all groups in Switzerland and was chosen to train at the Swiss National Tennis Center in Ecublens. (Wikipedia)

He joined the ITF junior tennis circuit in July 1996. In 1998, his final year as a junior, Federer won the junior Wimbledon title and was recognized as the ITF World Junior Tennis champion of the year. (Wikipedia)
Old 01-30-2010, 05:27 PM

In July 1998, Federer joined the ATP tour at Gstaad, where he lost to Lucas Arnold Ker in straight sets. Although he played two more ATP tournaments in 1998, the majority of his matches were still at the Junior level. In April 1999, he debuted for the Swiss Davis Cup team against Italy and finished the year ranked World No. 66. (Wikipedia)

Tags
Can Djokovic overtake Nadal, Controversies of Roger Federer, Does Novak Djokovic have a private jet, Does Roger Federer have a private jet, Does the rock own a jet, Intresting facts of Roger Federer, Is Djokovic better than Federer, Is Djokovic the best tennis player ever, Is Federer a billionaire, Is Nadal better than Federer, photos, Roger Federer all winners, Roger Federer All WINS, Roger Federer Family Photos, Roger Federer images, Roger Federer Never seen photos, Roger Federer Photos, Roger Federer Pics, Unknown Facts of Roger Federer, Was Roger Federer born rich, What happened to Roger Federer, What is Mirka Federer's ring worth, What type of jet does Tiger Woods own, Who has beaten Djokovic the most, Who has beaten Federer the most, Who has beaten Nadal the most, Who is best tennis player of all time, Who is better Nadal or Djokovic, Who is greatest Federer or Nadal, Who is nicer Federer or Nadal, Who is richer Federer or Djokovic, Who is the highest paid athlete, Who is the highest paid athlete in the world, Who is the richest athlete in the world, Why is Novak Djokovic the best

Latest News in Sports News Forum