Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Film Entertainment Forum

Top 10 Dance Videos

Views: 2900  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:16 PM
Award Winner

Default Top 10 Dance Videos

Hip-hop, tango, tap dancing… it doesn’t matter! I’ve always wanted to see a well-curated list of the best dance videos on the internet, but have never found one. So, I’ve made it myself. Here is a list of the top 10 performances of all-time, captured on video. As a discerning dancer myself, I let no sub-par video slip by to make it onto the list…

10. Salsa by Carolina Cericola & Johnny Vazquez

Carolina Cericola and Johnny Vazquez are two of the best salsa dancers in the world. They specialize in LA style salsa, which is very flashy. They’re captured here performing a top-notch routine for the 2001 Mayan Salsa Competition in Los Angeles.

Old 08-27-2010, 04:17 PM
Award Winner

9. Popping by Robert Muraine

This is Robert Muraine’s audition from “So You Think You Can Dance”, using a popping routine. Robert Muraine is self-trained, and yet he is more honed technically than most professional dancers. The advantage of being self-trained is that he still listens to his inner voice about what creativity is, rather than becoming too focused on the “rules” of dance (a ridiculous idea in and of itself). Despite his self-training, he’s received top honors at international competitions, including Superstars of Dance. He left the show SYTYCD during contestant selection. However, he was brought back on as a guest later in the season, and was declared a greater popper than the lead male dancer on the show.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:18 PM
Award Winner

8. Hip Hop by ACDC Dance Crew

ACDC has grown into an international community of the world’s best hip hop dancers, with some celebrity support, too (not for the dance talent, just for the fun). They captured their dancing in this fantastic video during an online dance competition against M&M Cru (Miley Cyrus’ dance team).
Old 08-27-2010, 04:19 PM
Award Winner

7. Fusion Dance by Chris Mayer and Campbell Miller

There is a new underground scene of dancers who are mixing tango, swing, blues, and many other forms of dance to make a new style called fusion or turquoise dancing. This video from the San Diego Fusion Dance Exchange is the best example caught on tape. While performances of this quality (such as the other videos on this list) usually require practiced choreography, the dancers here use an extremely attuned connection, which allows them to improvise the entire number. It’s not as flashy as some of the other performances, but the video shows off a subtle, yet very difficult to acquire, s****.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:21 PM
Award Winner

6. Thriller by Michael Jackson and backup dancers the Electric Boogaloos

The music video for Thriller includes a brilliant dance routine choreographed by Michael Peters. A fantastic blend of dancers and choreography caught on film, with a nice theatrical twist!

Tags
2010, top 10, toppers

Latest News in Film Entertainment Forum