Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Love is in the air for Monali and Meiyang Chang

Views: 10494  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 12-05-2009, 01:28 PM

Default Love is in the air for Monali and Meiyang Chang

Monali Thakur is dating Meiyang Chang. Remember both were Indian Idol contestants, albeit in different seasons. While Thakur is one of the few singers who’s made a place for herself in playback singing Chang was last seen hosting Indian Idol 4, in commercial breaks with Juhi Chawla and is all set for his big screen appearance in a Yashraj film.

Thakur on her part is the voice behind songs like Zara zara touch me and Khwaab dekhe (Race) and Khudaya khair (Billu). Says Monali, “We have been close friends for more than a year and a half but since the last six months we have been dating each other.”

But how did it all happen? “Well…we started off as friends and hit it off really well. We have a lot of common interests and like each other’s company. This time when Chang went to South Africa for hosting IPL, we were away from each other for a long time and missed each other very badly. That is when we realized our love for each other,”says Monali shyly.

So, is marriage on the cards? “It is too early to think of marriage. Both of us are young and have to work hard and establish our careers. But I have told my parents about this, since I have never hidden anything from them and they are also happy,” says Monali whose father Shakti Thakur is a famous filmmaker, actor and singer from West Bengal.

Chang is away in Thailand shooting for his film and could not be contacted. There have also been rumours about Monali helping Chang get the role in the movie. Apparently, she requested music director Pritam to put in a word for him with Yashraj Films. Monali denies this completely. “It is absolutely untrue. I have never requested Pritam da for anything like this. Whatever Chang has done today is on his own merit.”

Monali was one of the most popular participants of Indian Idol 2, but has not been seen in any reality show after that. “I got offers to do them but I wanted to concentrate on singing. I want people to sing my songs in reality shows and not the other way round,” she says, who was also heard in Golmaal Returns.

Tags
celebrity, indian idol, indian idol 3, indian idol 4

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->