Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Health and Food Forum

Sweet and Sour Pork (Chinese Recipes)

Views: 4246  
Old 02-05-2010, 06:38 AM
Award Winner

Step 5:

Put the meat in the oil; you should use enough to more or less submerge all the meat. You don't really need to do anything at this point but keep an eye on it. It'll take maybe 10 minutes, I'm a terrible judge of time.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:39 AM
Award Winner

Step 6:

Keep an eye on it and take the meat out when it looks something like this.

Note- I found this batch a little less crispy than it could've been. You might try frying it a little longer, not sure.

The next step doesn't have a picture since it would be redundant. Let the meat chunks sit for about five minutes, and take your wok off the burner, but keep the oil. Then, fry the meat AGAIN for about three minutes. Supposedly this is for extra crispiness. Don't ask me, I just follow orders. When your done, get rid of some of the oil if it makes you feel better.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:40 AM
Award Winner

Step 7:

Somewhere in there (probably during the first frying) you can cut up your pepper into bite-sized chunks. I use about a half a pepper for a large serving. Also pictured is garlic, which the original recipe called for, but I couldn't detect the taste at all. Try it if you want.

At this point, you probably want to get everything ready by the wok as you will have your hands full. Have the sauce, meat, pepper, pineapple, and whatever you're going to serve it on ready to go.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:41 AM
Award Winner

Step 8:

First, get rid of the oil you used to fry the meat, and be careful about it. Add one tablespoon of oil to the wok and swish it around a bit. Dump in your peppers and stir-fry them on high heat, shouldn't take more than a minute or two.

Old 02-05-2010, 06:41 AM
Award Winner

Step 9:

You can put the pineapple in at the same time if you want, but the oil doesn't take too well to the moisute, so I'd recommend adding the sauce and then the pineapple. I use maybe 6-8 chunks, it just depends on how much you want. Keep stirring, don't let the sauce burn. Should take less than a minute or so.

You can see some of the stuff is slightly scorched, that's what happens when you stop stirring to take pictures.

Tags
recipe

Latest Health Tips in Health and Food Forum