Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Popular demand makes Darshan reverse roles in Aapki Antara

Views: 1959  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 01-28-2010, 03:27 PM
Award Winner

Default Popular demand makes Darshan reverse roles in Aapki Antara

The news of retaining Darshan Pandya in his debut show Aapki Antara is not only good news for the viewers but also to the actor. He played Antara’s father who had to die of cancer but has been brought back on popular demand.

His impending ‘death’ had the viewers flooding the channel with requests of keeping him alive. The channel at one point of time even thought of delaying Aditya’s death but producer Monish Sekri stuck to his original script and decided to bring an end to his character. But then ‘all izz well’ as the talented actor will stay put now playing his own son Abhishek. But that doesn’t mean he is taking it all easy as the going will get only tougher for him.

Says Pandya, “I am feeling relieved as the burden has eased off. Playing Aditya was a huge responsibility as I had to establish myself and playing a father of a special child isn’t easy. Having said that I would admit that now the journey is going to get only tougher as the responsibility is multifold.

I will have to make viewers believe in my portrayal of Abhishek. There will be a bit of sibling rivalry and how the two characters justify themselves and how the audience reacts to it is a little scary and I am looking forward to their response.”

About the Show:
  • Aapki Antara (International title: Antara), produced by Drishtant Media, is a soap opera which ran on Zee TV from 1 June 2009 through 18 February 2010 as a social problem drama focusing on the issue of autism.
  • Initially scheduled to premiere on 25 May 2009, it was postponed and premiered on 1 June 2009
Story:
  • Aapki Antara is the story of a five-year-old girl named Antara. She is born to Anuradha, who had a relationship out of wedlock with Aditya Verma. When Anuradha dies in a car accident, Antara is orphaned, leaving Aditya with the responsibility of taking his illegitimate daughter home to his wife, Vidya, and son, Abhishek, and raising her as a part of his family.
  • With Antara in their life, things are not the same again for the Verma family. Antara does not behave like a normal child, being unable to express her emotions and living in her own world.
  • To the outside world, she is a daydreamer and slow child. Eventually, Antara is revealed to have autism. Both she and her family are faced with the journey of navigating the world and being accepted by the society Antara is brought up in. Through her story, the show guides people to understand the needs of those with autism and handle them with sensitivity.
Star Cast:
  • Antara Verma - Zaynah Vastani (Kid)/Aaina Mehta (Teenager)/ Anjum Farooki(Adult)
  • Aditya Verma (Antara & Abhishek's father) (dead) - Darshan Pandya
  • Vidya Verma (Abhishek's mother & Antara's stepmother) - Prabhleen Sandhu/K****ee Jog
  • Sameer Malhotra (Aditya's friend and brother-in-law) - Himanshu Malhotra/Prashant Ranyal
  • Aarti Malhotra (née Verma; Aditya's sister, Sameer's wife) - Tulika Upadhyay
  • Abhishek Verma - Raj Simaria (Kid)/Sahil Deshmukh Khan(Teenager)/Darshan Pandya (Adult)
  • Billu Gupta - Aarav Velhal (Kid)/Sandeep Upadhyay (Teenager)/Rayo Bakhirta (Adult)
  • Mr. Gupta (Billu's father) - Nikhil Ratanparkhi
  • Mrs. Gupta (Billu's mother) - Alka Mogha
  • Vidya's mother (Kiran) - Sujata Kumar
  • Vidya's father - Vijay Aidasani
  • Anuradha Rai (Antara's mother) - Rupali Ganguly
  • Vikram (Antara's doctor; Vidya's childhood friend) - Sachin Khurana
  • Mili Malhotra (Sameer & Aarti's adopted daughter) - Apurva Paranjape (Teenager)

Tags
aapki antara, darshan pandya, zee tv

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->