Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Aamir refuses to grey!

Views: 1592  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 12-18-2008, 02:45 PM
Sr.Member

Default Aamir refuses to grey!

It’s another thing for an actor to quit a show if it’s not doing well but to leave when the TRPs are good?

Well, Aamir Ali is doing just that! His show Kya Dill Mein Hai has been getting good TRPs but the actor has decided to quit the show.

Before one jumps to conclusions about what the problem might have been, Aamir himself clarifies that it’s not because of any problems that he’s decided not to be a part of the show anymore. “It was actually supposed to be a six month show, but since it started doing well, it’s gone on for a year. Now they’re going to take a leap and I don’t want to do that, so I’m leaving the show. It’s a mutual decision,” he says.

Taking a leap would have meant playing an older character and Aamir explains his reasons for not wanting to do that. “I’m just two-and-a-half years old in TV and I’ve just done three shows till now. I don’t want to limit myself so early,” he says. The shooting for the show hasn’t resumed since the strike. “I have around 10 or 12 days of shooting left once it starts,” he adds. Aamir doesn’t have any other show on hand at the moment. “I never pick up something and leave another. I’m pretty confident of choosing and getting work. TV has been lucky for me the way films never could,” he says with a smile.

Viewers might have been surprised to see Sara Khan and Ali Merchant hosting Nach Baliye this time. So has Aamir given up hosting this show too? “No, Sanjeeda and I were anyway supposed to host the initial episodes and there were going to be guest hosts later on. We’ll keep coming back as hosts in between as and when our schedules permit,” explains Aamir.

And since it’s the marriage season, we couldn’t help asking him about his marriage plans with girlfriend Sanjeeda. “Looks like everybody’s asking me this question!” he laughs and adds, “I feel it may happen sometime next year. Both of us are more than comfortable with each other and Nach Baliye has got us even closer.”

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->