Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

TOP 10 Controversies of Vishnuvijay

Views: 729  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 04-13-2021, 12:44 PM

Default TOP 10 Controversies of Vishnuvijay

I was lucky to get a second chance in television: Vishnu

From the time he made his debut on the small screen with Office, Vishnuvijay has come a long way. He dabbled in films and later, got a second lease of life on television with Sathya. His role as Amul Baby aka Prabhu won him accolades and he gained a huge fan following. An excited Vishnu tells us, “I started as a programme producer in a television channel and aspired to be a channel head. But when writer Ramanagirivasan asked me if I wanted to give a shot at acting, I agreed. My debut serial Office gave me a good break. My strength was humour and I capitalised on it. Over the years, I got to play character roles and then lead roles as well.”
He then began his stint in films as well. “I received the offer to work in over 10 films in which I had to play the comedian. Around the same time, I started getting offers for lead roles. Yaarukudhanga hero aasai irukaadhu? I left all those projects and took up the ones that had me as the lead. Those films had a solid team, but script-wise they didn’t work. It was a wrong move, but I learnt a lot from it. Later, I did character roles in Mapla Singam, Ivan Yarendru Therikiratha, Gorilla and Kalari. I was hoping Kalari would work as it was a good story. But it didn’t really help my career. Tamildasan sir, whom I knew from Office days, called me for Sathya and that turned out to be the gamechanger.

Having gone through the highs and lows in the acting industry, Vishnu says that he’s in a much better place now. “Though acting happened by chance, I wanted to prove myself. When films didn’t work, I didn’t want to waste time. I wanted to move on and do a full-time job. We keep talking about people’s success stories, but we don’t shine the spotlight on those who didn’t make it. I was lucky to get a second chance in television. So, I decided to give it my all when I got the offer for Sathya. Serials are usually women-centric, but you always have the scope to shine. I was able to relate to the character Prabhu as I saw a lot of my character traits in him. I should thank my entire team, including my co-star, for this beautiful journey.”
Vishnu says that serials have undergone a lot of changes today. “These days, the budget for TV serials is high. I don’t think they spent this much for my films. Audiences, too, love and celebrate us,” he says.

On the film front, Vishnu has some exciting projects in the pipeline. He is all set to play one of the leads in the Tamil remake of the Kannada film Dia. “This one, too, is because of Tamildasan sir. I can’t reveal the details now, but I am really looking forward to this one. I also have two other scripts. This time, I am keen on making things right,” he signs off.

End of the article

Tags
tamil, Tamil TV Stars, Vishnuvijay

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->