Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Star Cast/Story/Photos/Videos/Episodes: Star Plus's Pratigya

Views: 43207  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 01-22-2011, 01:38 PM

Sajjan

Sumitra
Old 01-22-2011, 01:38 PM

Kangana Ranaut takes the 'Pratigya'...

Bollywood actress Kangana Ranaut stands with Star Plus' Pratigya in her special resolve...

Bollywood's sizzling actress Kangana Ranaut introduced the protagonist of Star Plus' upcoming show Pratigya to the media in a conference held today at Delhi.

The show is a reflection of the society we live in, where women often grapple with difficult and are forced to tolerate disrespect and ill treatment against their will. Against this backdrop, STAR Plus brings in a truly inspiring and moving story of an ordinary girl who finds the inner strength to deal with the circumstances in her life to transform and shape her reality.

The lead role of 'Pratigya' will be played by Pooja Gaur.

Talking about Pratigya, Pooja said, "Most women tolerate and suffer but a very few stand up and fight back. Pratigya's story is one of a young girl who finds the courage to stand up and take charge of the situation transforms her life."

In her support is Bollywood's young woman icon Kangana Ranaut who has closely dealt with a similar situation in the family. She stressed on the need to fight back against disrespect towards women and joined Pratigya in her pledge to do away with mediocrity and stand for her respect and dignity.

Taking the concept of the show further, Star Plus also announced the 'Meri Pratigya' campaign in association with an NGO which will reach out to women across the country and ask them to share their experiences. Whether women have suffered from eve teasing, harassment or general disrespect, this will be a platform for them to talk about the experience and how they emerged stronger from it. The campaign will spread its footprint in various cities with street plays and human chains. The 'Meri Pratigya' campaign strives to not only educate the masses on the need for change but also asks them to stand up and fight back to claim the respect due to them.

Pratigya launches on Star Plus on December 7th, Mon-Fri at the 10.30 PM slot…
Old 04-23-2011, 08:02 AM

Pratigya on a Human Chain at Nariman Point...

Star Plus' new protagonist Pratigya gathers support in her fight against disrespect...

Joined by all STAR Plus protagonists and 500 women supporters in a HUMAN CHAIN at Nariman point, Mumbai

Most people just watch what's happening, some just bear with it, many grumble about it but only the strong-willed make sure they raise their voices against disrespect!

With the number of cases of crimes and injustice against women rising day by day, it was time to pledge social support and stand in unison against it! STAR Plus' newest protagonist Pratigya took this lead and gathered support from hundreds of women who joined in a Human Chain organized at Nariman point as a part of STAR Plus' 'Meri Pratigya' campaign. This Human chain also attracted protagonists from STAR Parivaar who stood together and pledged their support against disrespect and mistreatment met with women.

With an aim to take entertainment beyond television and impact people's lives, the channel launched a large scale consumer connect campaign called 'Meri Pratigya'. The first leg of this campaign flagged-off today with a Human Chain at Nariman Point, Mumbai, which had close to 500 women joining hands and supporting the movement. This Human chain led by Pratigya (Puja Gaur) gained support from all the leading ladies of the Star Parivaar like Parul Chauhan (Ragini of Sapna Babul Ka…Bidaai), Neha Saxena and Zalak Desai (Dhani and Sarla of Sajan Ghar Jana Hai), Krishna Gokani (Bhakti of Hamari Devrani), Shivshakti (Bebo of Sabki Laadli Bebo), Additi Gupta (Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil) in her endeavor to spread the message to fight back against disrespect towards women.

Commenting on this unique initiative, Anupam Vasudev, EVP, Marketing, STAR India Pvt Ltd, said, "Through Meri Pratigya campaign, we plan to reach out to our audiences & increase engagement with the show. Creating footprint in most of our Hindi speaking markets, the campaign will focus on finding real life stories and honoring the victor- it will honor heroes in everyday lives."

This activity was STAR Plus' first step in gathering support for Pratigya's fight against disrespect and mistreatment against women in everyday life. After Mumbai, this human chain will be replicated in places like Lucknow, Ahmedabad, Indore etc. The 'Meri Pratigya' campaign will reach out to women across the country asking them to share real life stories where they experienced disrespect at home, workplace or in public. The footprint of this campaign will extend to colleges, market-places and women's hostels across India. This initiative will involve sign-up campaigns, counseling workshops, which will be carried out in partnerships with NGOs against women disrespect.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:02 AM

"I've learnt never to trust anyone" Pooja Gaur

Pooja Gaur aka Pratigya Saxena of Star Plus’ Pratigya takes the Tellybuzz Quick Grills…

Your favorite indoor game?
Caroms

Do you like breakfast in bed?
Yeah yah!

The thing you hate about going to the movies?
Standing in line for tickets, I want someone to hand the best tickets over to me.

Favorite Fragrance?
Black XS from Paco Rabanne

Icecreams or Chocolates?
Chocolates

A recent mistake you learned from?
Never to trust anyone.

Something that you wish you could turn back time for?
Nothing. Whatever has happened in my life has taught me a lot so I don't want to change anything.

Did you have quirky habits as a child, over which you laugh today?
I had many…but I can't share them 'cause they're too embarrassing!

Life is full of surprises, Agree or Disagree?
I agree. Nothing in my life has happened the way I had predicted.

All time favorite patriotic song?
Lata mangeshkar's Ei mere watan ke logon.

Basically you like girls dressing in Indian or Western attire?
I'm not a person who likes to dress up too much…you will usually find me in western casuals.

On a scale of 1-10 rate your real life sense of humor?
I think I'd give about 6 or 7.

One fine day, you wake up and find that you have turned a boy, how would you react?
At first I'll be shocked but then just for my own good I'll take it in a positive way and look forward to living life in a brand new way (laughs).

One beauty treatment guys must get done?
Umm…(laughs)… I think the excess-hair treatments…

Acting is a great profession because…
You get to be many different personalities within a short time.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:03 AM

Agle Janam's Bali becomes Krishna's father in Pratigya...

Star Plus' Pratigya will see the family of Krishna entering in the show, in which Anupam Shyam will play Krishna's father...

The life of Pratigya (Pooja Gor) has hit an all time low with her engagement being called off as Krishna (Arhaan Behl) and his men beat her groom black and blue. If this is not enough, the Star Plus show Pratigya will see a new twist with the arrival of Krishna's family members.

According to our source, "Anupam Shyam who played the cunning character of Bali in Zee TV's Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo will play Krishna's father. Krishna is from the Thakur family; his family members are very rich people who are less educated. They are completely opposite to Pratigya's family. They have the political control and are very powerful in society".

"Asmita who was earlier seen in Balika Vadhu will play Krishna's mother, while Jaswant Manaria who played the role of Dhritarashtra in Mahaabhaarat will play Krishna's elder brother. Kalpana Bohra will play the brother's wife, while new face Parvati Sehgal will essay the role of Krishna's sister. She will also be the parallel lead in the show".

We contacted Pooja Gor who confirmed the news of Krishna's family entering the show. "Yes, Pratigya is entering a new phase with the family of Krishna entering. I don't know whether the cast has been decided or not. But yes, we will have lots of drama now".

We tried contacting Producer Pearl Grey, but she remained unavailable.

Tags
pratigya, star plus

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->