Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Sports News Forum

Exclusive : *** scandal rocks Indian Women's hockey

Views: 6983  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:38 AM
Award Winner

Batra said five photographs of the videographer with the **********s had also been mailed to him. "The inquiry committee was constituted soon after I got a mail from the hockey team. "After a meeting on July 19, it was decided that the videographer should be suspended and the rest of staff against whom the allegations have been made should be issued notices," he said.
Award Winner

Narendra Batra, however, said Hockey India has no power to take action against the videographer or any other coaching staff in connection with the scandal which came out in the open after a written complaint by one of the fringe players Ranjita Devi.

"We will submit our report with recommendations to the SAI which can take action according to the government service rules. The coach or the videographer are not working under us. They are employees of SAI.
Award Winner

The fate of both Kaushik and Basavaraj will now be decided by the Sports Authority of India.

"Whatever clarifications I had to make, I have made in front of the committee and I know that the decision will be in my favour. But I will no longer coach the team," Kaushik said.

Kaushik claims the ***ual harassment charges against him are false. But he's equally sure he does not want the job anymore.
Award Winner

Some committee members who heard him out also seem convinced that Kaushik is innocent.

One of the panel members Zafar Iqbal almost absolved Kaushik of any wrongdoing saying that the case of the woman player "was not a strong one" and her complaints were sometimes "dicey".
Old 07-22-2010, 08:39 AM
Award Winner

Hockey India has set up a four-member committee to probe an alleged *** scandal involving members of the support staff of the Indian women's hockey team. The committee, comprising Rajeev Mehta, member of HI executive board, former captains and government observers Ajit Pal Singh and Zafar Iqbal and Sudarshan Pathak, member of Delhi Hockey, has been asked to probe allegations of ***ual misconduct included in an anonymous email sent to HI two days ago, exposing the scandal and seeking action against the chief coach and the support staff.

Tags
hockey, sex scandel

Latest News in Sports News Forum