Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Sonu Nigam returns to Indian Idol

Views: 2292  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 01-13-2009, 04:40 PM
superman

Default Sonu Nigam returns to Indian Idol

After his stint as a judge on Indian Idol, Sonu Nigam has returned to the show as a mentor. He more than made up for his absence as a judge when he returned.

He made time to meet all the contestants individually, hear them sing and give them invaluable tips. Not only did he play mentor but on the sets did all he does best. Sing, shake a leg and mimic his favourite people Udit Narayan and Annu Malek.

Despite his association with other reality shows, Indian Idol is close to his heart. He says, "Indian Idol was the first show that brought music, singers and musicians on par with film celebrities and brought together media and entertainment channels in a great marketing strategy. Had the format not been copied by other channels, it would have been the only show of its kind. Like America, we too would have showcased some of the best talents in the country. It was the first music reality show that allowed unknown talent to come into your home and build a rapport with viewers. It was the end of the monopoly amongst singers. Today most Indian Idol

Explaining the reason for not being a part of the third and fourth season of Indian Idol, he said, "Last season my dates for shows in America clashed with that of Indian Idol which was delayed. This season I was not invited. I will come to Indian Idol whenever I am called." He further added, "Remember, Javed Saab wrote a song: Ghar kab aaoge… So here I am. It truly feels like coming home."

This episode will air on January 16 at 9.00 pm.
singers like Abhijeet Sawant, Amit Sana, Rahul Vaidya, Prajakta Shukre and Karunya are busy with musical concerts and shows all over the globe."

Tags
indian idol

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->