Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Film Entertainment Forum

Top Bollywood News

Views: 3547  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:29 PM
Administrator

Default Top Bollywood News

New Delhi, Sep 24 It is futile for people to fight over religious monuments, says Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan, in an indirect message for peace ahead of the verdict on the Babri Masjid-Ramjanmabhoomi dispute.
New Delhi, Sep 24 (IANS) It is futile for people to fight over religious monuments, says Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan, in an indirect message for peace ahead of the verdict on the Babri Masjid-Ramjanmabhoomi dispute.

'I hope we Indians realise how difficult it is to build stadiums and respect and so easy to break monuments and disrespect each others' beliefs. I believe that Allah, god, bhagwan, whichever name we pray to the supreme power by, resides in man's heart, not in manmade houses for Him,' Shah Rukh posted on Twitter.

'I mean first our beliefs should take seed and grow in our hearts and then and only then we should manifest that in places of prayer and god,' he added.

A devout Muslim, Shah Rukh married Hindu girl Gauri Chhibber in 1991.

The verdict on the Babri Masjid-Ramjanmabhoomi title suit case was due to be delivered Sep 24. But now it has been rescheduled for Sep 28.

Old 09-24-2010, 02:30 PM
Administrator

New Delhi, Sep 24 If you want to wake up to a bright morning for a breakfast with superstar Akshay Kumar, start bidding for a charity auction on eBay India.

New Delhi, Sep 24 (IANS) If you want to wake up to a bright morning for a breakfast with superstar Akshay Kumar, start bidding for a charity auction on eBay India.

The e-commerce company has organised this online auction as part of the Joy of Giving Week. The proceeds from this auction will go to the Research Society for the Care, Treatment and Training of Children in Need of Special care, a charitable organisation working for the mentally challenged, said a press statement.

'It is my honour to be associated with Joy of Giving Week with all the proceeds received from the charity auction benefiting a good cause. I want everyone out there who would love breakfast with me to bid on this charity auction,' said Akshay, who hopes to ban the word 'retard' one day.

'So, you can also do your bit for the society. All you have to do is bid and bid high and you could be breaking bread with me at the Marriott one Sunday morning...So have a heart...bid now,' he said.

The auction started Wednesday and ends Sep 29. The bidding started at Rs.1001.

The winning bidder will also be allowed to bring three more guests for the exclusive meeting with Akshay.

A few days back, eBay India invited fans to bid to win a day with Salman Khan in gym as part of Joy of Giving Week.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:30 PM
Administrator

Default Manoj Kumar to get lifetime achievement honour

New Delhi, Sep 24 Veteran actor Manoj Kumar, who dedicated over three decades of his life to Indian cinema, will be honoured with a lifetime achievement award at the 12th Mumbai Film Festival.

New Delhi, Sep 24 (IANS) Veteran actor Manoj Kumar, who dedicated over three decades of his life to Indian cinema, will be honoured with a lifetime achievement award at the 12th Mumbai Film Festival.

'I am happy to receive this award. It's as important as an Oscar,' the 73-year-old actor said in a press statement.

Manoj Kumar, known for his patriotic films like 'Upkar', 'Purab Aur Paschim' and 'Kranti', will receive the special award at the festival organised by the Mumbai Academy of Moving Image (MAMI). It will be held Oct 21-28.

He has earlier been bestowed with honours such as the Padma Shri and Phalke Ratna Award by the Dadasaheb Phalke Academy, apart from other awards for his acting and directing talent.

The actor has also been involved with films like 'Roti Kapda Aur Makaan', 'Sanyasi', 'Dus Numbri' and many more.

His last film before retirement was 'Maidan-E-Jung'. It was released in 1995.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:31 PM
Administrator

Default I dedicate my CWG song to sportsmen: Kailash Kher

Mumbai, Sep 24 After music maestro A.R. Rahman, who composed the official Commonwealth Games anthem, versatile singer Kailash Kher will be releasing his own private single dedicated to the sportsmen participating in the gala event.

Mumbai, Sep 24 (IANS) After music maestro A.R. Rahman, who composed the official Commonwealth Games anthem, versatile singer Kailash Kher will be releasing his own private single dedicated to the sportsmen participating in the gala event.

'A lot of people are making songs on the CWG and expressing their emotions through these songs. Many talks are going on, some are positive and some are negative,' Kher told IANS.

'But my approach towards everything is that I'm hurt too when I hear about these corruption charges and everything. But since I'm a musician, I still want to bring a sense of positivity,' Kher said.

'This is how I thought about this song. Also two weeks back I went to Delhi and I saw the city in a very different light and avatar. It's really changed. So I thought of this song. This is a tribute to sportspersons,' he added.

The song will have online release Oct 1 and it will be available on artistaloud.com and bollywoodhungama.com. People will be able to hear it on radio channels from Monday onwards.

Kher revealed that his song will help players calm themselves and release their pressure.

'Basically my song is to boost sportspersons' spirit. They have so much pressure on them and I want to ease that,' he said.

'It is an up tempo song and music is the best therapy which will make them calmer. If a sportsperson is stress free, he will perform better because all the negativity around can affect his performance,' he added.

The singer, who has crooned hit tracks like 'Allah ke bande', 'O Sikandar' and 'Ya rabba' among others, also made officials in Delhi hear his composition.

'I met few government officials in Delhi and made them hear the song. They liked it and were quite excited when I told them that I have written this song to promote sports and sportsmanship,' he told IANS.

So isn't he apprehensive of the fact that people might be critical of his song too like they were of Rahman's track?

'You can't stop people talking. But I feel nothing of this will happen to my song because it is an energetic, simple and beautiful song. Plus it's not preaching at all. It just says that be calm and chill,' he said.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:41 PM
Administrator

Default Aamir Khan's Peepli Live to go to the Oscars

Aamir Khan's Peepli Live to go to the Oscars

Bollywood superstar Aamir Khan has done it again. Peeple Live, the latest release of his production company, has been chosen to be India's official entry to the Oscars.
The movie, a satire on the issue of farmers' suicide and the rural-urban divide, will compete with other films from across the world in the Best Foreign Film category.
Peeple Live has been a massive it at the Box Office despite the absence of any major Bollywood star. The lead actor of the movie is Omkar Das Manikpuri of the Naya Theatre company, who was appreciated for his acting by critics and viewers alike.

Anusha Rizvi made her directorial debut with the film while veteran actors such as Raghubir Yadav and Naseeruddin Shah featured in it. The film has been widely appreciated over the selection of actors for each character in the movie.

Peepli Live earlier became the first Indian film to compete in the Sundance Film Festival, and was also

named the Best First Feature Film at the 31st Durban International Film Festival in South Africa. Though the film was awarded an 'A' certificate by the censor board in India over the use of a few abusive words, it reportedly recovered its cost before its release itself.

Aamir's company – Aamir Khan Productions – had in 2001 produced Lagaan, which made it to the final five in the same category at Academy Awards, but lost to No Man's Land.

Tags
bollywood

Latest News in Film Entertainment Forum