Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

TOP 10 Controversies of Raja Ravindra (Evaru Meelo Koteeswarulu Telugu KBC Winner)

Views: 1004  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 11-18-2021, 03:26 PM

Default TOP 10 Controversies of Raja Ravindra (Evaru Meelo Koteeswarulu Telugu KBC Winner)

Raja Ravindra has created history by becoming the first crorepati of the Evaru Meelo Koteeswarulu series. The Hyderabad-based cop, hailing from Kothagudem, Telangana, has won Rs. 1 crore in Tuesday's episode. In an exclusive chat with ETimes TV, this techie who always aspired to be a cop, shared his inspirational journey from working as a software engineer to becoming a crorepati and his plans beyond this milestone. Excerpts...
by Sriram Chelluri

Reaction of parents and family

My parents live in Kothagudem (Telangana). But at the time of the shoot, they were with us. Moreover, we were obligated to not disclose it until the telecast of the episode. Thanks to my wife and Prem, who have kept it a secret. So, we've initially told them that I've won only Rs. 3,20,000. But when they saw the Rs. 1crore episode promo with my picture blurred, they somehow figured it out. We've have finally shown the cheque to my parents and in-laws. They had happy tears. My kids were happy watching me on TV.

I got nervous after answering the Rs. 50 lac question

I, too, got nervous after answering the Rs. 50 lac question. You can answer any question if you are cool-headed but that huge set, music and especially with a superstar like Jr NTR in front of you, anyone is bound to falter. I've tried to train my mind to just focus on the question and the options rather than on Jr NTR garu. You can't take your eyes off him but you must not let yourselves get carried away, too. One question at a time. Also, what I've learnt from the previous contestants is that I shouldn't lock the answer in a haste and when I'm not confident.

My wife encouraged me to try

Except for attending a few press meets, I'm new to these cameras, screening and shooting process. I've decided to give a break to my civil preparation for a while and that is when Evaru Meelo Koteeswarulu happened to me. My wife Sindhuja encouraged me to answer a few questions. I never anticipated a call. I was not serious about this until I got a call from the team one day while I was driving, confirming that I was selected for screening. I had to answer a few more questions and clear all the screenings to make it to the show. Even in my wildest dreams, I've never thought of making it this far.

I didn't want to burden them

I've always aspired to serve public through government services; thanks to my father who has been my role model and guide post since childhood. My mom also encouraged me for competitive exams. But after moving to Hyderabad and a few months of coaching in civil service competitive exams, I didn't want to burden my parents anymore. Since I was a B.Tech graduate in Computer Sciences, I started off my career as a software engineer but I kept applying for police jobs.

Disappointed when I lost the job

In 2009, I've lost a Sub Inspector (SI) job with just 2 marks. I was very disappointed and took it as a challenge. I got posted as a Deputy Jailer but soon quit it. I kept applying for the police job I wanted. Meanwhile, I've got selected for Intelligence Bureau and got a call for an interview with Narcotics Bureau of India as well. While working in National Insurance Company Ltd as an Administrative Officer, I've applied for a notification for Sub Inspector post. I just wanted to be in police service and also close to my parents.

My uncle and mother-in-law gave us hope

My son being diagnosed with Kawasaki disease was the biggest blow to the family. My Babai (uncle) and my mother-in-law are doctors. They gave us hope and the essential support and guidance to deal with the toughest phase of our lives. My wife, family and friends have been my backbones in this journey and I owe them everything.

Winning an Olympic medal is my next goal

But after becoming an SI, I aimed to clear exams for Deputy Collector and DSP. But Air Rifle Shooting changed my trajectory in 2015 for good. With the encouragement of my senior officials, I've appeared in a few competitions at various levels, too. I'm now aiming for an Olympic medal. It isn't easy but what you think is what you get. Air rifle shooting taught me this.

Power of mind and thought

I, too, felt these were just quotes until I realized the power of mind, thought and confidence during my rifle shooting training sessions. I've understood one thing clearly. Positive thinking and confidence makes the difference. Even in rifle shooting, you can never shoot your target until unless you believe you can. Even a pinch of doubt can ruin your goal. I've applied the same in the game, too.

Plans with prize money

All I can tell is aim big and never give up. Besides, self-belief, planning, time management, and smart work make the difference.

Last lines

All I can tell is aim big and never give up. Besides, self-belief, planning, time management, and smart work make the difference.

Tags
Raja Ravindra, telugu, Telugu TV Stars

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->