Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Manish Wadhwa to recreate the Chanakya magic..

Views: 3200  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 03-10-2011, 12:11 PM

Default Manish Wadhwa to recreate the Chanakya magic..

After going thro' a strenuous audition process, the channel and production house zeroed in on Manish Wadhwa to play the epic character..

Chandragupt Maurya, the period drama based on the life and achievements of one of the greatest and most successful rulers of ancient India launches on Imagine on 11th March, every Friday and Saturday at 9 PM.

The show produced by Sagar Arts and 72 Degrees Northe has Manish Wadhwa essaying the central character of Chanakya. However, not many know that the channel and production house had a tough task casting the actor to play Chanakya.

With the actor cum writer cum director Chandraprakash Dwivedi setting an apt example by living the role of Chanakya in the DD National epic that has till date been hailed as a milestone on Indian television, the channel had its task cut out.

A little birdie tells us, "Imagine and the production house were looking to recreate the magic of the epic character, and had auditioned nearly 70-75 actors for the role. Manoj Joshi the veteran actor who has been living the role of Chanakya in his play for many years now, happened to be one of the strong choices. However, at the end of it, the makers decided to take in Manish Wadhwa for the role, and the biggest plus got by casting him is that he happens to be a less exposed actor when compared to Manoj Joshi".

When we contacted Manish Wadhwa to get his take on playing Chanakya, he said "I simply do not have words to express my gratitude to the channel and makers of the show. Yes, it is true that more than 70 odd people were auditioned before the prized role fell into my kitty. Chanakya is one of the epic characters that anyone would love to play. I am giving my 100% to the role, and I hope viewers appreciate the efforts put in".

Going by the classy promos of Chandragupt Maurya that are already on air, we can only say that Imagine seems to have an ace up its sleeve this time..

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->