Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Sports News Forum

Beckham too old to play for England?

Views: 4859  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 08-13-2010, 06:07 AM
Award Winner

The Galaxy said there would be no response to Capello's comments, but Beckham's spokesman, Simon Oliveira, said the player isn't calling it quits.

“There has been no discussion of retirement. He will always be available for his country, when fit and if needed he will be there.'' Oliveira said. (AP Photo)
Award Winner

England captain Steven Gerrard said he expects Beckham to bounce back, just as he did after being dropped following the 2006 World Cup.

“He's had some fantastic performances, some fantastic goals, memories. He was a fantastic captain. I've learned a lot from David and it's been a pleasure to play alongside him. If he has played his last game, he'll certainly be missed because, both on and off the pitch, he's a great guy.” Gerrard said. (AP Photo)
Award Winner

Beckham missed out on a fourth World Cup after tearing an Achilles' tendon in March while on loan to AC Milan from the Galaxy to stay in shape for England during the Major League Soccer offseason. He resumed training Wednesday in Los Angeles.

Beckham didn't do any drills with the Galaxy but he participated in conditioning with training staff. (AP Photo)
Old 08-13-2010, 06:08 AM
Award Winner

“The focus is on the team and preparing my tendon,” Beckham said.

Further Beckham added, “I've been hitting it so hard for the last two years, every month that it's obviously tough on my body. It's about getting back this season as soon as possible, playing the rest of the season and then taking the time to get the rest in, prepare my body and be ready for next season.'' (AP Photo)
Old 08-13-2010, 06:08 AM
Award Winner

Beckham is not expected to be fit for the Galaxy again until Sept. 4 in Chicago. (AP Photo)

Tags
david beckham, photos, pics

Latest News in Sports News Forum