Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Sports News Forum

India & England Second Test - DRAW

Views: 3868  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:51 AM

Default India & England Second Test - DRAW

That's that. The match is drawn. India win the series 1-0.

A good series overall, in fact we were lucky to have any cricket after the attacks in Mumbai. India came out on top and have ended the year on a high. They've got a few months off which will allow their players to participate in the domestic competition while the England players will have enough time to relax and recuperate before they head to the Caribbean in late January.

A rather boring end to what has otherwise been an enthralling series. India batted on far too long this morning but it was of no avail as both Gambhir and Yuvraj fell short of their hundreds. England were left with the improbable target of 402 from 43 overs and the result was quite certain by then.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:04 AM

Default Gautam Gambhir is the Man of the Match

Gautam Gambhir is the Man of the Match: It's a very pleasant surprise for me. I'm pretty happy with my performance and hope it continues in the next year as well. Its important to make it count when you are in good nick. Every innings is special. We played very good cricket this year.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:13 AM

Default Zaheer Khan is the Man of the Series for his 8 wickets in the series

Zaheer Khan is the Man of the Series: The bowling department is coming along very well. It's good to get an award like this. It's been good since I made my comeback. The dressing room atmosphere is amazing, we're enjoying each others company. It's been a great year for Indian cricket. He (Ishant) provides that extra pace which is needed at this level. It's good to bowl in tandem with him.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:17 AM

Mahendra Singh Dhoni: It was tough for the fast bowlers but they took the responsibility.. the batsmen also, whenever we needed a partnership, someone stood up. When we went into bat yesterday we were'nt really sure whether the fog will be there. We started well today..they (Gambhir and Yuvraj) deserved their centuries, it was a team decision to let them go for it. We're enjoying the cricket we're playing and enjoying each others' success.

Kevin Pietersen: There's a lot to learn from a tour of India. We've enjoyed our time here at Chennai and at Mohali. We fought real hard yesterday but Gambhir and Yuvraj played very well. I'm really proud to be captain of a bunch of lads who jumped on a plane back and their concentrated on their cricket.

Tags
cricket

Latest News in Sports News Forum