Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Dipika ‘Devi’ Samson in Agle Janam

Views: 2177  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 07-29-2010, 12:32 PM
Award Winner

Default Dipika ‘Devi’ Samson in Agle Janam

Her debut show Devi must have ended abruptly but Dipika Samson who essayed the title role of the show, wasn’t discouraged a wee-bit. She decided to take the downfall in her stride and move on.

She has progressed to become the grown up Rekha, Laali’s sister, in Zee TV’s Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo, post a seven year leap. She will be seen opposite antagonist Rannvijay and her track will run parallel to Laali’s on the show. The character of Madhav, Laali’s son, will be played by child actor Lovish.

Says Dipika, “I will be shown as Rannvijay’s wife. After the haveli gets burnt, the members of the family organise a havan to pray for the dead including Rannvijay’s wife Nandini. It is then that naxalites barge into the haveli and demand the Thakurs to get me married to a Thakur, as I am staying in their haveli. They hold an objection over me (widow)saying they are unmarried. Out of fear, I go inside the room and smear my head with sindoor and come out to show them that I am married. When they ask me about my husband, I point my fingers at Rannvijay who too fathoming the gravity of the situation fakes that he has married me. But the naxals are not ready to believe me and demand us to get married right in front of them. Fearing that they will open fire at the family members, we are left with no choice but to oblige. Eventually we lawfully become man and wife.”

“Expectedly, Rannvijay hates me to the core and hasn’t even accepted me as his wife, I however try to take care of each and every member of the family and try to follow my sister’s footsteps. I am extremely caring towards my nephew, Madhav and my brother-in-law, Shekhar who has lost his mental balance after losing Laali”, adds the actress.

Talking about Devi, Dipika says, “Devi has been a beautiful experience for me and I have learned a lot as an actor from the show. Whatever I am today is all because of Devi. It didn’t last for long but it has left behind special memories, which will last for a lifetime. Gates to the industry didn’t close for me after Devi ended but I have earned appreciation for whatever little work I did on the show. I have got Rekha because of getting noticed in Devi, which again is a very strong and pivotal character.”

Now the girl has become the Leap queen, we hope her career too grows by leaps and bounds.

Her entry is expected to air next week on Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo at 9:30 pm on Zee TV.

Tags
dipika samson

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->