How to Submit Your Website to the Search Engines
robably the best way to get listed in a search engineís index is by getting a link from another website to yours. However, this isnít always that easy since most new website owners arenít sure where to get a DoFollow backlink from. So, Iíve listed the 3 most common ways to get your website listed in the search engines, along with some helpful links. These methods are direct search engine submissions, submitting an xml sitemap and acquiring backlinks.
Direct Search Engine Submission
There is an old myth that you need to submit your website directly to each of the search engines to get listed. This is probably the slowest and worst way to get listed. I canít tell you how long it will take for your site to get indexed because I havenít used this method in at least 5 years. In any case, here are the links to submit your website directly to the search engines using their respective search engine submission forms.
* Submit to Google Ė URL for submitting your website directly to Google using their add URL form.
* Submit to Bing Ė URL for submitting your website directly to Bing.
* Submit to Yahoo! Ė URL for submitting your website directly to Yahoo! (Yahoo! is now powered by Bing, so Iím not sure if this form will do anything for you.)
Submit an XML Site Map
This is probably the most difficult method for individuals new to the web which requires website verification if you want to submit your sitemap to Google and Yahoo!.
* Submit XML Sitemap to Google Ė URL to Google Webmasters tools where you need to sign up and verify your website before you can submit and XML sitemap.
* Submit XML Sitemap to Bing Ė URL explaining how to submit your website to Bing without having to sign into Bing webmaster tools.
* Submit XML Sitemap to Yahoo! Ė URL for submitting your XML sitemap or RSS feed directly to Yahoo!
This is probably the best way to get listed and rank in the search engines. Without back links the other two methods may get your website indexed in the search engines, but wonít have a direct impact on your rankings.
There are unlimited methods for getting backlinks to your website, but since you are reading this post Iím going to assume you are fairly new to the web and many of the link bait methods wonít do you any good. So, here are some quick and easy FREE ways to get back links to your website so the Google and Bing web crawlers will discover it and add your web pages to their index. (Make sure they are Dofollow backlinks!)
* Submit it to a business directory. The easiest free business directory for this is HotFrog.com
* Link to it from your personal or business blog
* Link to it from your social networking or business profile
* Ask a friend to link to it from one of their websites
Download 6000+ SAP Real-time Screen shots & Documents
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Easy way to submit your web page URL to multiple search engines||bholas||Oracle Database, SQL, Application, Programming||0||08-09-2010 12:07 PM|
|Sales Without Search Engines||bholus10||General Discussion||0||12-18-2009 10:23 AM|
|As Search Engines Grow Smarter, Will You?||bholus10||General Discussion||0||12-15-2009 06:37 AM|
|Pay per click search engines, are they effective?||bholus10||General Discussion||1||12-08-2009 09:20 AM|
|How To Write For Search Engines||bholus10||General Discussion||1||11-11-2009 07:21 AM|