Go Back   Wiki NewForum > General Discussion

Sponsored Links

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-14-2010, 06:51 PM

6. Table Mountain. It marks the beginning of Africa, and it couldn't be more spectacular, blanketed in cloud as it rises from the horizon and towers over Cape Town. <i>Photo: iStock</i>

6. Table Mountain. It marks the beginning of Africa, and it couldn't be more spectacular, blanketed in cloud as it rises from the horizon and towers over Cape Town. Photo: iStock
Old 10-14-2010, 06:51 PM

5. Great Wall of China. It's another one of those sights you've seen a million times before, but you can never really get it until you set foot on China's serpentine masterpiece. <i>Photo: AFP</i>

5. Great Wall of China. It's another one of those sights you've seen a million times before, but you can never really get it until you set foot on China's serpentine masterpiece. Photo: AFP
Old 10-14-2010, 06:52 PM

4. Eiffel Tower. Thanks to life working on a tour bus, I've probably been to Paris about 15 times now. Still, seeing the Parisian icon gives me a thrill every time. <i>Photo: AFP</i>

4. Eiffel Tower. Thanks to life working on a tour bus, I've probably been to Paris about 15 times now. Still, seeing the Parisian icon gives me a thrill every time. Photo: AFP
Old 10-14-2010, 06:53 PM

3. Machu Picchu. Part of it is the trek to get there. Part of it is the entry at dawn. Part of it is the huge ruins that you can still explore as and where you wish. But mainly, it's the setting, high up in the Andes and surrounded by sheer cliffs, huge mountains and narrow valleys.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:54 PM

2. The Pyramids of Giza. Again, seen in photos, thousands and thousands of times. And yet here they are rising out of the desert, made of huge blocks of stone manoeuvred into place thousands of years ago by the bare hands of Egyptian workers. If you're not blown away by that, there's something wrong with you. <i>Photo: AP</i>

2. The Pyramids of Giza. Again, seen in photos, thousands and thousands of times. And yet here they are rising out of the desert, made of huge blocks of stone manoeuvred into place thousands of years ago by the bare hands of Egyptian workers. If you're not blown away by that, there's something wrong with you. Photo: AP

Tags
photos, top 10

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: