Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

No offers for actors turned producers

Views: 2338  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 12-16-2008, 02:43 PM
Television

Default No offers for actors turned producers

Aroona Irani:
Des Mein Nikalla Hoga Chand, Mehendi Tere Naam Ki etc, Aroona’s career as a producer took off in full swing. “I’d taken a small break from acting because I wanted to launch my production house. Back then, I was also making films.”

Aroona had no time to act and had to turn down acting assignments. “But now when I’m back no one wants to offer me any work.” She thinks that most director-producers feel that senior actors like her will be uncomfortable taking instructions from them. Being an all rounder always doesn’t work.

Rakhi Vijan:
Post Hum Paanch , Rakhi Vijan turned a full time producer with Heena . “I was

concentrating more on my production house.” But that was then. Today, Rakhi desperately wants to make a comeback. She was last seen in a blink and miss role in Golmaal Returns . The word has it that she has been sending feelers to good friend-turned foe Ekta Kapoor to cast her in one of her upcoming shows. “Making a comeback is my priority,” she states.

Dheeraj Kumar:
The most popular supporting hero of the 70’s Dheeraj Kumar has acted in hit films and TV shows. Apparently, the man lost touch with being in front of the camera after he turned a producer.

His company Creative Eye has many hit shows like Betiyaan and Mykaa. In his quest to launch his company Kumar disappeared from the acting scene completely. Does he miss being in front of the camera? “Not really,” he says.

Deepti Bhatnagar:
From being a *** symbol on the silver screen, to producing and hosting travel shows like Musafir Hoon Yaroon on Star Plus, she has come a long way.

Deepti who is a successful producer and has consciously been making different shows on TV like Mohe Rang De , is also a hands on mother. “But acting is something that I’ve seriously not pursued,” she confesses. The lady assures that she is enjoying her stint as a creative producer.

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->