Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Ragini to play lead in Sasural Genda Phool, Pooja Kanwal too joins

Views: 2723  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 01-27-2010, 02:53 PM
Award Winner

Default Ragini to play lead in Sasural Genda Phool, Pooja Kanwal too joins

Last week TellyChakkar had reported about a new show, an adaptation of a popular Bengali soap Ogo Bondhu Sundori, set to launch on Star Plus. The Bengali soap produced by Ravi Ojha has apparently delivered numbers on Star Jalsa.

We had reported how Ragini Khanna and Aneesha Kapoor had been in the race to play the protagonist. And now we hear from sources that Khanna has been finalised to play the lead in the tentatively titled Sasural Genda Phool. Pooja Kanwal,who debuted as the protagonist with Palampur Express, has also joined the sar-cast. The recently- married Pooja is back after a break of two months.

Informs a source, "Ragini and Aneesha Kapoor were in the running for the main role. Now, Ragini has been chosen. Pooja Kanwal, who debuted as Pavni in Palampur Express, has also been selected. The show is about three generations and both Ragini and Pooja will play the bahus.

Veterans Supriya Pilgaonkar and Mahesh Thakur too are a part of the cast. Shruti Ulfat will also be seen essaying a pivotal role in the show. The show is a prime-time show which will launch sometime in the third week of February."

Confirming the news, Pooja says, "Yes, I am doing Ravi Ojha's show on Star Plus. It is a beautiful and strong character and I liked the concept of the joint family in the show. I am not allowed to divulge any more details."
Ulfat too confirmed her participation in the show and said,

"This is a family drama sans any jealousy and hatred. I am playing one of the daughters-in-law and Supriya Pilgaonkar plays my elder sister-in-law. Sudhir Pande plays our father-in-law. I wouldn't know much as we are yet to begin shooting."
We tried contacting Khanna but she remained unavailable.

Tags
pooja kanwal, ragini khanna, ravi ojha

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->