Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Gangaa to be axed?

Views: 1440  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 08-05-2010, 12:33 PM
Award Winner

Default Gangaa to be axed?

Colors launched its afternoon band with two shows – Aise Karo Naa Vidaa and Agnipareeksha Jeevan Ki Gangaa. While Aise Karo Naa manages a decent TRP, Gangaa hasn’t managed to sway the viewers.

And going by the buzz, the latter is soon going to be pulled off. The show will apparently last only for a month.

Informs a source, “Gangaa will run only for a month. The show as compared to Aise Karo Na Vidaa hasn’t done too well for the channel. There are many shows in the offing and the channel will pull off those which aren’t doing well for them. The show garnered a TRP of point seven in the current ratings.”

When contacted, Tarun Khanna said, “I have been hearing these rumours too but the parties directly concerned with the show – channel and producton house, haven’t ********d me of any such decision. When I asked them, they told me that the show isn’t going off air and even if it does, they will tell me 15 to 20 days in advance.”

Malini Kapoor too said, “Half of the people are saying that the show is going off-air and the rest of them are refuting the buzz. I haven’t been informed by the production house as yet.”

We sent a text message to producer Anurradha Prasad, BAG Films and Media Ltd., but she didn’t revert.

Agnipareeksha Jeevan Ki - Gangaa airs at 1:30 pm on Monday to Friday on COLORS.