Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Health and Food Forum

TOP 1000 Recipes (Photos+Full Details)

Views: 64664  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 103 votes, 4.99 average.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:09 AM

Jalapeņo Chicken Sausage, Mushroom, Smoked Black Pepper White Cheddar, and Tomato Potato Crusted Quiche

What a mouthful the title of this recipe is but I am telling you, it was FANTASTIC. I wanted to make a quick and easy dinner that would appeal to both me and my husband (my kids don't eat eggs - ugh). I had some chicken jalapeņo sausage, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, and spinach as well as some smoked black pepper white cheddar cheese in the refrigerator so I thought they would make a quiche - I was right. I loved the combination of flavors and textures of the ingredients and the nice kick from the sausage and cheese. We both really, really loved this quiche. I plan on making it again and again.

Jalapeņo Chicken Sausage, Mushroom, Smoked Black Pepper White Cheddar, and Tomato Potato Crusted Quiche:
Recipe and photos by For the Love of Cooking.net
  • 2 russet potatoes, peeled and grated
  • Olive oil cooking spray
  • 1 tsp Olive oil
  • 2 jalapeņo chicken sausages, diced
  • 6 oz ****on mushrooms, sliced
  • 1/2 sweet yellow onion, diced
  • 1/4 cup smoked black pepper and white cheddar cheese, grated
  • 1/2 cup of fresh spinach, diced
  • 12 g**** tomatoes
  • 7-8 eggs, beaten
  • 1/4 cup of milk
  • Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Coat a pie dish with cooking spray. Peel then shred the two potatoes onto 2 paper towels; add another two paper towels to the top and press all the liquid out of the potatoes. Smash the shredded potatoes all over the bottom and sides of the pie pan, making sure to press them firmly. Spray with cooking spray and season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste. Bake in the oven for 12-13 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
Heat the olive oil in a s****et over medium heat. Add the chicken sausage, mushrooms, and onion once the pan is hot. Cook, stirring frequently for 5-6 minutes. Spread the sausage mixture on the bottom of the quiche, add the cheese, spinach, and tomatoes. Beat the eggs with the milk and season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper. Pour the egg mixture on top of the meat and veggies.

Place in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center of the quiche comes out clean - don't overcook. Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes before slicing. Enjoy.

Old 04-26-2011, 05:10 AM

Parmesan, Roasted Garlic, and Basil Breadsticks

I wanted to make some breadsticks to go with the Italian Meatball Soup that I made for dinner. I found a recipe on Allrecipes that looked easy and had great reviews. I adapted the recipe a bit by using a head of roasted garlic instead of garlic powder. They bread sticks were simple to make and turned out really soft and delicious - perfect for dipping in our soup.

Parmesan, Roasted Garlic, and Basil Breadsticks:
Adapted recipe and photos by For the Love of Cooking.net
Original recipe by Allrecipes.com
  • 1 head of roasted garlic (click here for recipe)
  • 1 1/8 cups of warm water
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 3 tbsp Parmesan cheese
  • 2 tbsp sugar
  • 1 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
  • 3 cups of flour
  • 2 tsp active dry yeast
  • 1 tbsp ****er

Roast the garlic then let cool. Once the garlic is cool, remove each clove from the peeling and chop.

Place all dough ingredients (through yeast) in the bread machine in the order listed. Put the yeast in a well in the center of the flour. Select the dough cycle and press start.

Once the bread machine stops (it was one and a half hours on my machine). Remove the pan from the bread machine and pour the dough onto a well floured surface. Divide dough into 20 small balls or 10 larger balls. Roll each ball into a rope then place on a baking sheet lined with a silpat mat coated with cooking spray.

Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size (about 40 minutes).
Coat the breadsticks with melted ****er then place into the oven and bake for 18-22 minutes, or until golden brown.

Remove from the oven and serve immediately. Enjoy!

Italian Meatball Soup

I have a terrible sore throat and stuffy nose so I wanted to make a comforting soup for dinner. I found this recipe on The Pioneer Woman's site and decided to give it a try. I love all the ingredients in this hearty and filling soup and the meatballs turned out tender and very flavorful. It was fairly simple to make and made the house smell delicious while simmering. We all enjoyed this soup, especially my daughter.

Italian Meatball Soup:
Adapted recipe by For the Love of Cooking.net
Original recipe by The Pioneer Woman

Meatballs:
  • 1 lb lean ground beef (I used 93/7)
  • 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
  • 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
  • 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
  • 1 egg
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • Dried oregano, to taste
Soup:

• 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1/2 sweet yellow onion, diced
  • 2 carrots, diced
  • 2-3 stalks of celery, diced
  • 1 cup of russet potato, peeled & diced
  • Dried oregano, to taste
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 8 cups of beef broth
  • 1 1/2 tbsp tomato paste
  • 2 cups of green cabbage, chopped
  • Parmesan cheese, garnish

Combine all the ingredients for the meatballs together and form small balls. Place in the refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes.

Heat the olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium high heat. Once it's hot, add the meatballs and cook for 3-4 minutes until lightly browned all over. Remove the meatballs from the Dutch oven to a plate. Cover with tinfoil and set aside.

Turn the stove down to medium low and add the onions, carrot, celery, and potato. Cook stirring occasionally for 4-5 minutes. Add the bay leaf, beef broth, tomato paste to the Dutch oven, season with oregano, sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste. Cover with a lid and let the soup simmer for 1 hour. Add the meatballs and cabbage to the soup, taste and re-season if needed. Serve topped with freshly Parmesan if desired. Enjoy.

Pork Tenderloin, Caramelized Onion, and Monterey Jack Baked Flautas

I had a pork tenderloin in the refrigerator and I was craving Mexican food so I decided to make pork flautas with caramelized onions, and Monterey Jack cheese. The pork was so tender, juicy and flavorful and tasted fantastic with the sweet caramelized onion, creamy cheese, and crispy flour shell. These flautas were a huge hit with my entire family, especially my daughter who kept telling me how much she loved them. I served these flautas with sour cream, guacamole, and salsa.

Pork Tenderloin, Caramelized Onion, and Monterey Jack Baked Flautas:
  • 1 tbsp olive oil (divided
  • 1 sweet yellow onion, sliced
  • 1 pork tenderloin, diced
  • Chili powder, to taste
  • Paprika, to taste
  • Coriander, to taste
  • Garlic powder, to taste
  • Cumin powder, to taste
  • Oregano, to taste
  • Flour tortillas
  • Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a silpat mat.

Heat 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil in a large s****et over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring often, for 6-7 minutes until caramelized and tender. Remove from the pan and set aside.

Heat the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil in the s****et over medium HIGH heat. Once the pan is HOT add the diced pork tenderloin then season, to taste, with all of the spices. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until golden brown but not yet cooked through (it will finish cooking in the oven). Remove from the stove.

Wrap flour tortillas in wet paper towels and microwave them for 1 minute or until soft.

Place a bit of Monterey Jack cheese in the center of the tortilla first then add caramelized onion on top of the cheese, then diced pork tenderloin; roll. Place, seam side down, on a baking sheet that's been coated with cooking spray. Finish rolling the rest of the flautas, then spray each of them with cooking spray.

Place into the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes then turn over and cook for an additional 5-6 minutes or until crispy and golden brown.
Dips:
  • Guacamole
  • Sour cream
  • Salsa
Serve the flautas with a side of guacamole, sour cream, and/or salsa for dipping. Enjoy.

Old 04-26-2011, 05:11 AM

Margherita Pizza

We had a presentation at my kids' school for my daughter's second grade class so I needed to make a quick dinner that we could gobble up and run out the door. I used store bought dough and sauce because it was quick and easy, I threw on some sliced tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and seasoned it with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper. I topped the baked pizza with fresh basil. It was absolutely delicious and the entire family enjoyed it. If you need a fast and simple meal... this recipe is for you.

Margherita Pizza:
  • Cooking spray
  • Corn meal
  • Pizza dough
  • Pizza sauce
  • Mozzarella cheese, sliced
  • Tomatoes, sliced
  • Fresh basil

Remove the dough from the bag onto a floured surface. Let sit for 20 minutes.

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Spread dough on a pizza sheet that has been coated with cooking spray and a sprinkle of corn meal. Spoon the sauce on the dough and spread evenly. Top the sauce with slices of mozzarella and tomato slices then season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste.

Place into the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and the crust is golden brown. Add the fresh basil then slice. Enjoy.

Tags
food, photos, recipes, top 1000

Latest Health Tips in Health and Food Forum