Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Career Forum & Tips > Tech Forum & Tutorial > Core HR & Career Forum

How to Track Mobile Employees

Views: 4672  
Old 09-19-2010, 05:32 PM

Default How to Track Mobile Employees

Hi All,

I am working in a small IT company where 70% of the employees are at client side, either they are located permanantely or they are moving according to need arise or sometimes 2 to 3 days in a week, it is very difficult to track the timings and the leaves of the employees for the HR department , Management has asked me for some great idea for this so we can track this.

Please if anyone can advise me ??????

---------------

Provide some attendance and time sheet formats to all your clients, which is to be signed (with time) by your employees whenever they visit the place. Prepare with entire info such as date, time-in, time-out, purpose, reported to, work alloted by, etc.. etc whatever info you require and should make it mandatory with the clients, requesting for daily report update..

This might work... All the best..

--------------

For sales people also u can keep In call time..An employee has to reach on field at given time.... And report to the concern person. If they will not report then mark as Absent.. or late then as half day leave.

In IT Field whenever the employee enters the client area and rectify their complaint you can ask them to call you and pass on the pone to the client and you can ask them about the service offered by the employee and ask them if they are satisfied with their service and also ask them to sign the manuel sheet asking about the service and their suggestions.

--------------

Well for IT guys you can have a register maintained at the client location and they need to sign.

At the same time the organization can have the SMS software installed in the company and any employee who is roaming outside will have to send the SMS of his whereabouts. Wherever he is going he needs to SMS, and to rectify the same we can ask the employee to give the mobile to the client to cross verify. In the company I was working, we had told the employees to send the SMS in the morning before leaving for the field mentioning the location, and after reaching the location. Also before closing the day he has to send the SMS regarding the activities undertaken.

-------------

RFID TAG is well known in developed countries and is also gaining popularity in India. This tag can be used to locate people/place movement via GPS. There is one company in Gujrat which is currently commerical on this project. I do not remember the name, if I do, I will surely mention it.

RFID will be the future for Logistics,Taxi tracking and adding to the list people tracking ( Big Brother is comming soon) :-)

Old 09-19-2010, 05:35 PM

I would suggest you introduce a time sheet system in your organization for everyone. This time sheet can be sent on a weekly or fortnight or monthly based on your needs. This would help you to track their work as well as leaves. In general most of the IT companies follow this system. The time sheet of a particular employee should be authorised by the respective supervisor or manager so you need not cross check any more details.

----------

I have been using the timesheets for all onsite employees i.e, weekly timesheet report but it is not feasible to track all of them on daily basis, since all of them resist to submit on daily basis. Due to frequent client visit they say, their whole days is consumed in travelling.

Most of them come late in morning and the reasons they tell is yesterday late evening meeting with client. But I dont have any choice just to believe them.

It is only feasible if their manager can track them properly as he is aware of their schedule and he should send all duty schedule in advance to the HR.

-----------

We have fairly a small team of Sales and Support team of about 8 members in each team. since there is no fixed time frame for people directly working with the clients (sales/support team) we do not take into consideration their in/out time unless they take leave(half/full).

The system we are following is :

1. a common log register (just like the attendance/visitor's register) called "Movement Register" is maintained and available at the reception - employees going out on field calls (to the client/vendor/supplier/etc...) must enter the details such as date, name of client, time out from off, time in and time out at client's place, purpose of the visit, employees signature, reporting managers remarks.

2. the details of time entered(time out from off) should be checked by the front off exe/receptionist after each entry.

3. the log register will be checked by the respective team/Lead/manager every week end and remarks will be made in the remarks column.

4.suppose the emp is going on a direct call(mornings- from home) to the client place, entry can b made once the emp reaches office.

This way the employees' whereabouts are monitored and makes calculation of leaves specially half days easy end of the month.

-----------

You can have the following system

1) Before proceeding on tour, please instruct the concerned employee to furnish the details such as place he intends to visit, purpose of visit, nature of work, duration of stay etc. before they avail travel advance.

2) You can also request client's HR dept. to inform immediately the concerned employee report at their work and request them to send their attendance ( time in/ time out , ) on daily basis - and the reporting authority of client side to certify the quantum of work done by the employee on daily basis - and for raising your claim bill, employees duration of stay and percentage of work completed details to be certified by the client and this can also be used as a tool to know where about ofthe employee.

3) Insist the employee to send their progress report daily and preferably with joint report (with sign. of client)

4) You can seek the help of concerns DH for their whereabouts, if no such details is furnished by the employee for long time.
Old 09-19-2010, 05:36 PM

You can have online HR Software which can be accessed from any place any time. Once the employee logs in and logs out it will provide you the IP information and you can track the current location of the employees. If an employee doesnt login a particular day then the software will mark the concerned employee absent.

----------

For more details check for Beehive HR Suite which will provide complete solution to your problem.

1. Why a mobile employee should be treated as a conventional office staff?
2. The criteria has to be changed.
3. A mobile employee or a sales staff should be given targets to complete based on some parametes applicable to your industry.
4. Rather than a time sheet, it would be better to have a job card associated with targets given for particular period (a week, fortnight or may be a month)
5. At any point of time, a mobile employee should not be allowed to be in the fields without a job sheet or sales call.
6. For instance, I have seen many companies who do not allow their sales staff, technical staff to be in office or in waiting.
7. They are only advised to report on the beginning and end of the week with proper reports and call details. Of course with the target meet or with necessary backings.
7. Customer service representatives which is full time office sitting job is the support desk or link between the customer and the mobile employees
Old 09-19-2010, 05:37 PM

Good idea friends, may be the suggested solution solves tracking. But there is need to think about the impression that we are giving on our employees before our Client. We can seek quality assurance about our service from our customer however we cannot ask client about our employee's sincerity in terms of our organization rules.

Try to explain and inject:
1. The importance of genuine reporting.
2. Adverse effects due to Misalignment of framed code of practices.
3. Cost involved when an employees plays a bluff game with organization.

-----------

Even the same problem persist to me as well, What, I did instruct them all to SMS me their whereabouts of the day schedule in the morning on the didicated Mobile no. of my HR department. Since, we have the clinests contact details, sometime we do mystry check of his schedule.

Morning and evening reporting with Daily sales report through E-mail is must.

Hope, you may come out of this situation of having fun while work.

------------

Give some attendance sheet to your employees and ask him to submit the same at the end of every month duly singed and stamped by your client with employees reporting head.

But problem is why client do this work for you? You are for them, they are not for you. So my suggestion is you make responsible your employee who is heading the dept of such person who works at client. Because his duty to get work done from them and control them and getting day to day feedback from them. Why client will do this thing for you?
Because in my company our more than 100 marketing employees are not attending office daily, but thier head is giving me their attendance on weekly basis.

New topics in Core HR & Career Forum