Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Terence has to learn new styles because he has to defeat me : Remo D'Souza

Views: 2828  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 12-22-2009, 03:10 PM
Award Winner

Default Terence has to learn new styles because he has to defeat me : Remo D'Souza

Zee TV’s Dance India Dance is back with its second season after a great start the first time around (read staggering TRPs). This season while there would still be some more awe-inspiring, jaw-dropping moves, there would also be the mentors – Geeta Kapur, Remo D’Souza and Terence Lewis – who have apparently left no dance move unturned to learn some new, tougher dance styles.

The competition is going to be scalding hot.
While Geeta and Terence are all set to enjoy their second innings, it’s Remo who seems to be having a rocky path ahead. Remo whose contestant Salman Khan won the first season, met with an accident during the auditions at Kolkata, and is out of

action for “at least two more weeks”. Down he may be, but not out. The choreographer is waiting eagerly for his cast to come off so that he can get back on his feet and storm the nation once again.
TellyChakkar spoke to Remo on his favourite contestant Salman Khan, his rivals, and his international projects.

How does it feel to be in such an expensive cast?
Oh! I am enjoying it as I love wearing expensive stuff. I am fond of exclusive shoes and I feel this is a unique shoes I got a chance to slip in. But it’s so expensive that I can only afford one. I just love the way it looks. This will come out in two weeks’ time.

You won’t be able to dance till February?
I am definitely a little upset but honestly, I was shooting the very next day of the accident. When I came back I was doing everything the way I did before. This doesn’t affect me as I have seen people dancing without legs. Yes, an accident like this is a nightmare for any choreographer and a dancer but it was destined to happen, so can’t
blame anyone for it.

Salman won season one. The competition will be tougher now as your co-mentors would want to win this time around. Is it an advantage or a disadvantage?
It is both. The advantage is I have already won and made one dancing star and I am fully charged up but the disadvantage is that people would try their best not to let me win this time. But I want to win at least three seasons in a row!

It seems Terence has learned new dance forms for the competition. Are
you feeling the music?

(Grins) He has to because he has to defeat me. It’s good he is learning new dance forms because you can always entertain the viewers with newer styles.

Any new dance form that we would get to see from Remo ke rangeele?
This time, it would be more Indian styles you will see.

The makers have invited international dancers. Where is the need to get them in?
There are some styles no one attempts in India. So we have invited these international dancers like Storm from Germany who invented B-Boing. So we need to have such people come here and teach us that style in its original form.

What is the biggest lesson you have learnt from season one?
That one has to enhance his creativity every single day. I always felt I have done my best with a song but on DID just when I thought I had done it, another contestant would come along from the other team and break my myth. So, what’s best for me may not work for the rest of the world!

TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 12-22-2009, 03:12 PM
Award Winner

The country chose Salman as its dancing star and now we hear he is all set to try acting. Isn’t he deviating from what he set out to do?
See, if any other participant, like say, a Jai Kumar Nair who is a fabulous dancer with technical finesse had gone on to do something else, I would have felt bad. But Salman has a great body, good looks, he is well-spoken and is also equally s****ed at dancing, then why can’t he try acting? It wouldn’t be right for me to expect him to do only choreography when he can try acting.

Does that mean choreographers aren’t good-looking?
No, I don’t mean that. It’s just that we don’t have too many stars who are super dancers. After Hrithik Roshan, Shahid Kapur and Ranbir Kapoor, there seems to be no one else. So Salman can fill that void.

You are choreographing an international project?
Yes, I am doing two international projects, one is a musical opera and for that we would be travelling across the globe. I have taken all the participants from season one and two of DID.

The second one is Jermaine Jackson’s tribute to brother MJ which will take place at Wembley stadium. He has taken dancers from different parts of the world and I will be representing India. This is like a dream come true for me.

How do you rehearse then?
I practice whenever I can. But then my team asks me to just sit back and relax and wait for the leg to completely heal.

Tags
dance india dance, remo d'souza, terence, zee tv

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->