Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Romit Raj replaces Vishal in Perfect Bride

Views: 2242  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 09-24-2009, 04:35 PM

Default Romit Raj replaces Vishal in Perfect Bride

After the female host Megha Gupta, it’s the turn of male host Vishal Malhotra to exit Star Plus’ Perfect Bride. Seems like nothing is going right on the show as Vishal who was introduced as the host of the show amidst much fanfare has been replaced. Stepping into his shoes will be Romit Raj aka Yuvraj of Ghar ki lakshmi betiyann.

A source from the production house informs, “Vishal Malhotra was warmly accepted by the viewers as the host of the show but there were certain issues working with him which couldn’t be resolved. The primary reason for having him replaced on the show is that he was unable to pronounce Hindi words Kunwar and Kanya properly. The two words are the most important part of the script and are to be used repeatedly as the boys and girls are addressed as kunwar and kanya on the show. He just couldn’t get the words right and thus it took us long to shoot the episode. The final nail in the coffin was when he started giving us a tough time during the shoot. He would tell us that he can only devote an hour or so for the shoot which was simply uncalled for. We had no other option but to have him replaced.”

Romit Raj confirmed his participation on the show and said, “Yes, I am hosting the show.”

We called up Vishal Malhotra to know his version of the story, but he refused to get into a war of words. The actor said, “I don’t think I need to prove anything to anyone. I have a wonderful show Entertainment ke liye aur bhi kuch karega and people have appreciated me on it. My talent
and potential is enough reason for them having had approached me to host Perfect Bride in the first place. I have nothing to say at all and I would rather not like to comment on it.”

We also sent a text message to Anupama Mandloi, Sr. Creative Director, Star Plus but she remained unavailable.

TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 09-24-2009, 04:37 PM

Tags
perfect bride, reality show, star plus

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->