Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Ekta’s latest find - Kritika Kamra

Views: 6022  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 01-12-2009, 03:12 PM

Default Ekta’s latest find - Kritika Kamra

Kritika Kamra will be seen as Arohi in Ekta Kapoor’s new serial Kitani Mohabbat Hai. The young actress says she accepted her role as soon as Ekta Kapoor narrated it because she loved her character so much.

“I have done Yahan Ke Hum Sikandar before this show. I was studying at the National Institute of Fashion Technology in Delhi and auditions for Yahan Ke… were taking place on campus and that’s when these people only told me about Kitani’s audition. I auditioned for them and they selected me for this role. However when I had meeting with Ekta she narrated my character so well that I could not say no to this role…. I just loved it and say yes to them,” reveals the 20 year old actress.

Kritika is from Madhya Pradesh and moved to Mumbai alone.

“My father is doctor and my mother is also working. I studied in Delhi Public School at Vasant Vihar. But then I had to leave my course in NIFT as I came to Mumbai for my show. After 6 months I realized that this is something what I want to do.”

“I am living here alone as my parents cannot leave their jobs and come here. I have also not managed to visit my hometown for the past one and half year. However I can manage without them only because I used to study in boarding school,” she adds.

Praising her parents she says, “My parents were never against my career when I was doing course at NIFT and now also they are fine with my career on television. In fact they are more excited than me for this show. They wanted me to complete my education so I am completing my graduation in Arts here in Mumbai.”

Speaking about Kitani Mohobbat Hai, Kritika says, “We have shot the initial scenes in Lonavla as the backdrop of the show is a station and since I am also from small town I can relate to this character well. The only difference is that Arohi is a singer and I cannot sing at all. So far it is going good…I know it is a huge responsibility. But I am quite confident about this show as there is no negative character in the show which people will definitely like.”

Kritika will be playing aspiring singer who falls in love with a guy who is completely different and has different ideologies than hers.

Kitani Mohabbat Hai goes on air from Monday at 10.30pm on NDTV Imagine.

Tags
kitani mohabbat hai, ndtv imagine

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->