Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

A page from the personal diary of Shashank Vyas, Balika Vadhu

Views: 3620  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.50 average.
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 10-07-2010, 01:06 AM
ghij554

Default A page from the personal diary of Shashank Vyas, Balika Vadhu

A page from the personal diary of Shashank Vyas
Whatever I have read from books or even out of experience I feel at least once in our lifetime we should go for a big risk. For I feel bigger the risk, bigger the achievement.

I come from a middle-class family and so things weren't easy for me. I remember I was trying for my MBA and my sister was getting married at the same time. I wasn't getting my admission and like any other middle class family I had very little time and had to make the best out of it. Everyone expected me to take up a job but, I knew I wouldn't be happy with it. So, I knew I had to do things fast. I was in a dicey situation but I took the risk.

I came to Mumbai and knew only one friend who had promised to help me. So when I reached here, the first thing I did was tried calling him up but his phone was not reachable. I did not know where to go as I had no one here. I had to then stay in a Gurudwara for five days after which I found some place to stay.

I had little money with me and I didn’t want to trouble my family. So I had to start looking out for work. I mailed a few pictures of mine to coordinators and that is how I got my first print advertisement. The thing that helped me survive in Mumbai was that I kept getting some or the other work from time to time which helped me and kept me motivated. These little things were my building blocks. I just did not get things easily for there was this 'not fit' period that I had to go through when everyone told me I was too tall or I was too thin.

I use to get frustrated at times and the only place where I could take out my frustration was Juhu beach. As I had no one here to talk to I would go and give vent to it in front of the sea. But, the next day I would be back at the auditions!

About the show:
  • Balika Vadhu (English: Child Bride) is an Indian soap opera that aired on Colors TV between 21 July 2008 and 31 July 2016 and ran for 2245 episodes.
  • The story is set in rural Rajasthan and revolves around the life of a child bride transitioning from her childhood to womanhood.
  • The soap opera's first season focuses on Anandi and Jagdish, who were married in childhood. The second season reflects on the life of Anandi's daughter, Dr. Nandini (a.k.a. Nimboli) who was also a child bride.
  • Balika Vadhu was credited as the first Indian drama to complete 2000 episodes.
Seasons:
  • The show is divided into two seasons titled Balika Vadhu – Kacchi Umar Ke Pakke Rishte (English: Child Bride – Strong Relationships of Tender Age), and Balika Vadhu – Lamhe Pyaar Ke (English: Child Bride – Moments of Love).
  • A sequel of the series (Season 3) was in production as of February 2021 and is set to air on Colors TV

Dubbed versions and remakes
  • Tamil language as Mann Vasanai on Raj TV,
  • Telugu language as Chinnari Pellikuthuru on MAA TV
  • Malayalam language as Balika Vadhu on Surya TV.
  • Remade in Kannada language as Putta Gowri Maduve and telecast on Colors Kannada.
  • An animated series, Chhoti Anandi, was launched in 2016 and focuses on the adventures of 8-year-old Anandi and her friends. It was simulcasted on Colors TV and Rishtey from January to April 2016.[29] The animation was provided by HopMotion animation studio.
Controversies:
  • In 2009, the series was criticized in Indian Parliament, prompting the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting to suspend its telecast and condemn the series for portraying child marriage in contravention of Indian constitutional law.
  • Balika Vadhu opened to mixed reviews from critics. While some appreciated the series for portraying the issues of child marriage, which had not been shown before on Indian television, others criticised it for glorifying child marriage
Season 3 (2022)
  • In March 2021, production for a third season of Balika Vadhu had begun. While the cast is yet to be disclosed, the series is scheduled to begin broadcast early in June 2021 but due to COVID it got postponed.

TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 04-07-2021, 07:22 AM

Exclusive! Shashank Vyas reveals about his inactiveness on social media

From posting his poetry to his beautiful vacation pictures, Shashank Vyas, might not be an active social media user, but he knows how to keep his fans entertained without spending a lot of time. He says, "I am not that active on social media, it was just during the lockdown that I wrote something and that's how it all started. But even now I keep my social media usage very limited." He further adds I feel it should be used as a time pass, it should not become a part of your life. My happiness is not dependent on social media; it relies on the satisfaction I get from my work,"

The actor, who is set to make his Bollywood debut with Laila Manju, says that social media is a large platform and should be used responsibly. "It's a good medium for fans to be in touch with their favourite celebrities and vice versa. And while doing so if we can also spread a good, positive message in society, then I don't think there is any better medium than this."

However, Shashank stresses that an actor shouldn't let social media take away his focus. He says, "An actor's job is to act, that's how they get so many followers and fans, so they should not let this medium deviate their attention."
He goes on to say that he doesn't look for validation on social media. "I post what I want to post. I don't want validation from others and neither am I one of those who will be happy if they get likes on photos or videos.

If someone is very good as far as their craft is concerned, but does not have a lot of followers on social media, then it doesn't show that they lack something or they are not capable enough. My main aim is to deliver my lines well."

Tags
balika vadhu, shashank vyas

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->