Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Entertainment ke liye kuch bhi karega inspired by Got Talent?

Views: 2065  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 05-27-2009, 05:15 PM

Default Entertainment ke liye kuch bhi karega inspired by Got Talent?

Oneupmanship is something that is resorted to in television time and again. And it might be at play once again. Consider Sony Entertainment Television’s Entertainment ke liye kuch bhi karega, which launched on 25 May, has got viewers wondering whether Sony is trying to rip off Colors India’s Got Talent (IGT) which was announced in January.

Entertainment ke liye kuch bhi karega
Apparently, the basic concept of the two reality shows appears to be same. Both shows aim to showcase the best and unique talent from the country. A contestant has to captivate the attention of the judges and the audience in a stipulated amount of time.

While Colors CEO Rajesh Kamat remained unavailable for comment sources from the channel say that Kamath is known to have expressed that Sony is attempting to take off on IGT and cash in on what his channel has promoted heavily.
Meanwhile, FreemantleMedia Asia (which owns the Got Talent format) General manager Indriena Basarah, who is currently in India felt that there is some similarity.

India’s Got Talent

Says she: “I watched Entertainment ke liye kuch bhi karega last night. Yes, there is some similarity. At the moment, I really don’t want to comment much as we are adopting a wait and watch policy. It’s upsetting when such a thing happens but we aren’t too perturbed. After all, Got Talent is the original and I’m sure viewers in India will like our show.”.

Sony Entertainment’s programming head Gurdip Bhangoo disagrees saying, “I would suggest you watch India’s Got Talent first before passing any comments on our show.”
Wizcarft Television business head Namit Sharma says that he got the brief from Sony six to eight weeks ago to produce a fun show which would entertain audiences.

“Variety entertainment shows have been around for 50-60 years on American television. We have not bought the IGT format, and our show is totally different from it, there is no big queue driven talent hunt.

Indian TV audiences are bored of that. We will not focus on song and dance at all, but on other activities,” said Sharma.

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->