Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Geet is the #1 show on STAR

Views: 3955  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 07-14-2010, 01:45 PM
Award Winner

Default Geet is the #1 show on STAR

STAR One’s three month old prime time show Geet-Hui Sabse Parayi - averaged 0.7 TVR [0.6]. This is the highest average for the show since its launch, with the episode that was aired last Friday rated 0.8 TVR.

We spoke to Dev aka Abhinav Shukla about the success of the show. “I am happy that the show is being loved by the fans and from what I have heard from my friends is that audiences, especially female fans love the chemistry between Geet and Maan. I hear that they love to hate me.” Later on we spoke to Naintara aka Karishma Randheva, who said, “It is the team performance which works and I am happy the concept is being loved and our work is being appreciated.This show is not typical saas-bahu show but it is about struggle of Geet for her rights.”

Gurmeet Choudhary, who plays Maan Singh Khurana said, “I am happy that everyone are loving the jodi of Maan and Geet. This means our hard work is being recognised by our fans. I now know that the show is no 1 on STAR One. I have also been aprreciated by the fans and have received a lot of compliments for my exercise scene and I am hoping audiences would love Geet and Maan in the future.”

Maan’s dadi Savitridevi aka Suhasini Mulay was happy that to know the show is a success. “Audiences have identified with the small town girl, who struggles for her rights within her own family. Then there is a hero who has its own attitude and so the chemistry between the rough and innocent works for the audience. There are lighter moments between Geet and Maan as well.”
Nikhil Mirchandani, Executive Vice President and General Manager, STAR, says, " Yes, we are very excited! We are glad and thankful to our audience for accepting our new shows Geet – Hui Sabsey Parayi and Rang Badalti Odhani so positively. Geet, especially is very dear to us as well, she shares a story that raises pertinent issues, and is dealt with extreme sensitivity and it’s heartening to know that the lead characters – Geet, Maan and Dev and their chemistry have found a resonance amongst our viewers. We hope to continue with this winning streak and ask viewers to look out for more twists and turns and high drama in the coming episodes.”

Talking about the channel, he says, " Our shows on STAR One are on a new and exciting flight, a nayi udaan… We want our characters to be most identifiable. They are everyday characters with interesting stories to share. Be it Geet, Gunjan, Khanak, Riddhima, Shilpa or Ayesha - They are endearing to all!”

As per the track of the show, when Geet attends a client's dinner party, the hotel manager humiliates her when she didn't know how to eat the crab she ordered. Maan scolds the manager for insulting Geet and leaves the hotel with Geet.

So don’t forget to watch Geet-Maan together every Monday to Friday at 9.30 pm only on STAR One

Tags
geet, star one, trp

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->