Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Lux perfect Pride: My final musings

Views: 5148  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 12-14-2009, 05:44 PM

Default Lux perfect Pride: My final musings

We have the Perfect bride and India’s first marriage onscreen…the three months saga of finding the most celebrated position or special moment of any Indian girl…Being the PERFECT BRIDE…yes!!!! Right from looking perfect to having the perfect groom, perfect in laws, perfect marriage (without any hiccups), we wish and always want it to be special, memorable and PERFECT as it is a once in a life time moment.

Lets see our travel through this show in the three months…frankly speaking I used to be an early sleeper, but one of those sleepless nights I was just flipping channels and saw a rough version of Big brother, Splistvilla and Roadies are rolled on one…Incidentally that was the episode of the first task winning by Rajbeer (a handsome macho guy) and his date with Priyanka (teddies, card bracelet…sigh) and I just fell in love with the show as much with the couples and realized there were so many new things about the show…starting from mother son bonding, girl and guy meeting to mother in law daughter in law bonding…Few girls together without their families managing only with the some guys mothers and each other for comfort. Guys cooking and living typically like bachelors. My family being a regular fan of reality shows (singing, dancing etc), I was groaning for a change and bingo I just found such a show.
From then I have been very regularly watching this show (read addicted to this show). The title song was very also nice. What more…thus started my LPB saga…

Hmm now the three months a have passed…LPB has made successful late sleeper, good blog writer (OK…an average blog writer) out of me. So now the lives of most of the girls in show especially those who were stuck till the first one and half months and the guys will be completely different they are more popular and if we someone hating them then we find someone really liking them so they are popular no doubt may it be for marriage or soaps or even movies. The girls and guys have a lot of fans so will no doubt get a boy or girl of their choice. Thus most of them may manage have the perfect marriage only without the prize money and the so called wedding on National TV.

But there are few things we must realize life must not have been easy for the contestants…life scrutinized 24*7 hours and the most delicate moments were shown on the channel. The doses we saw daily could have been scripted/or edited very cleverly to show the best moments or the weakest moments as chosen by the organizers. There were many questions raised regarding the reality (or artificiality) of the dates. So many moments seemed be out of order as all the avid viewers would have noticed.

So coming to some of the top contestants…one of the best guy was shown the door first and he never got a chance to select between his heart’s choice or mind’s choice but then hey he became the favorite of all the viewers and realized that the girl who proclaimed her love to him was not really in love with him, so we can say he now must have learnt to make a sensible choice with both his heart and mind. Then there was this one sensible girl who was well educated and favorite of one the most mature guy in show but was eliminated by the show runner who was also a contestant’s mother. We had a charming lady who was also a budding actress; she was ruthlessly thrown out as she rejected our show runner's son. But then I guess she may have got many film offers and I consider her far more respectable and than the lady and son who threw her out.

As I said life is not all that easy…coming to those few who stayed though out the show, we had a sensitive, docile sweet natured girl. She badly missed a mother and was very emotional. A guy (OK people’s heartthrob) liked her from the beginning and they became the most famous couple in the show. As every love story there came parents refusal to accept the marriage immediately and thus their marriage didn’t happen on the show and my guess is like me thousands of other supporters were not supporting them because they were emotional fools but because most of the youngsters believe in true love and empathize with them as the parents approval yet remains, I always feel many love marriages never happen as our parents do not agree. In spite of all these hiccups/challenges she got was the name “Drama Queen” and was ruthlessly criticized by many. Till date the guy’s father has not accepted their marriage and we don’t even know when he will agree, nor do we know whether the marriage take place as the show seems to have ended.

We have a quiet and innocent girl who was totally in love with a guy but alas he was thrown out of the show and so she just decided to stick on till possible but then came a second chance at love which she happily accepted and probably fell more in love with this person and felt he was her perfect partner. But she was called clever and shrewd and was criticized for taking a second chance at love she was named as taking the winning teams side and criticized by many.

Its very natural and we have seen in many households that some women are very dominating over their husbands and kids. So once you put them in a house along with some girls and a few docile moms and few “I ignore you” kind of moms she immediately took the upper hand and ruled the roost, the organizers seemed to happy to have a leading lady in their drama and ensured that she stayed till the end, and how can there be two dominating people in one show so those who opposed/didn’t please her were thrown out. In spite of making the show quite masaledaar, she was hated by 99.8% of the viewers and was called dominating, manipulative, scheming etc. after all the show was about winning and she did her best to win and others (including organizers) mutely complied to her wishes but she has been hated through and through.

Among guys there is this fun loving guy who just short tempered which I bet many of us are but he is called immature and fighter ****. And there is this heartthrob of audience who gives respect to Indian values and wants to wait till his father approval but is called fake or is said to lack confidence.

So is life that bad?????…Off course not as all these blame is just part of the game called LPB!!!! The motherless girl is the most popular from the whole show the whole India is now with her, she may not have won the title in the show but is surely more popular than the winners and has a more important place in our hearts. Her beau is praised by one and all for giving respect to family values. Their couple is the most popular couple of the show. The girl who just took a second chance and selected the winning teams guy as life partner (whatever people may call her) she has won the title and is the winner of Rs. 25, 00, 000. The show running dominating mom is taking home the perfect bride along with the prize and what more the so called “immature guy” is the perfect groom of the perfect bride. So we know life is all fair only with small amounts of unfairness thrown in.

As for the audience we were devotedly watching the show from the beginning and slowly became addicted to it. We braved all the artificiality and drama and still watched the show and no idea for how many the results or the script left them disappointed with the show. But what say we all got our dosage of entertainment right??? So no complaints!!!

But there is one more thing with which most of the LPB fans are happy and that is no doubt this blog. I specially thankful to Mohit for permitting me to write and also I am thankful to Arnissa, Nimriti, Karishma, Sudha for your encouraging comments. My special thanks to Nimya for her compliments. Nimya, you are such an excellent writer and when you say you miss posts…I am truly pleased this really encourages me to write.
I would also like to tell all the writers of this blog including Rudresh…you guys have been doing a great job. Actually now I am addicted to this blog. I just wish I had the time to write as many posts as most o you here have.
au revoir

TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 12-14-2009, 05:45 PM

Hitesh and Rumpa's Interview after winning Lux Perfect Bride

After the GRAND FINALE, STAR NEWS showed Hitesh and Rumpa's Interview and again on NEWS 24 channel
both were being interviewed LIVE.
Rumpa says she came with the motive to get married in any case

and she knew whoever she marries, she will be a perfect bride for that family.

Hitesh says he liked Rumpa from the beginning but made a sacrifice for gaurav and "ab shadi ki hai to tikani to hai hi"
Old 12-14-2009, 05:45 PM

THE GREAT INDIAN WEDDING SHOW

The show which has become a kind of addiction to many has finally ended! The grand wedding that was promised by the channel was nowhere in sight.I am sure if the chauhans had organised a wedding they would have done a betterjob.

The channel had a good opportunity with all the contestants back but they were hardly focussed during the finale.The show made a few of them very popular and we would all have enjoyed to hear on their views after they left the show. Pooja's dance number and her so called secret revealation looked fake (oops did i choose a wrong word).

One only wonders why Rakhi Sawant was called and she says Sudeshrani is a reflection of her!(give us a break).Why was no celebrity present at the time of the wedding? Even rakhi left before the result was out. I remember Pooja disclosing in her interview that she was tempted by Sudeshrani of a wedding where lot of television stars will be present. Maybe that was what the channel promised them.

Hoping Rumpa's decision proves right and wishing the couple goodluck and happiness.

The LPB mania has finally ended but beware if Rahul Mahajan's swayamwar starts, this blog will be filled with rib-tickling stories

Tags
perfect bride, reality show, star plus

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->