Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Film Entertainment Forum

Radhika Apte Reveals Why Was She Rejected To Play Lead Role In Vicky Donor

Views: 1825  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.
Old 06-28-2019, 02:17 PM

Default Radhika Apte Reveals Why Was She Rejected To Play Lead Role In Vicky Donor

Netflix queen Radhika Apte is a woman known for breaking the society’s stereotypes through the characters of her films/webseries. Be it Lust Stories, Sacred Games, Andhadhun she has always slayed the screen with her poignant presence. Reportedly, she revealed a secret on Neha Dhupia’s talk show named BFF’s with Vogue that she was rejected for the lead role in Ayushmann Khurrana’s film Vicky Donor for being heavy.

According to Mid Day reports, she said “I had gone on a holiday for a month, drank a lot of beer, ate loads of food. I told them that I’ll come back and lose it. But they did not want to take a chance.” She added that she became conscious about her diet after the incident: “I don’t get affected by rejection at work, but the weight thing really messed with my head,” she said.

Radhika Apte Reveals Why Was She Rejected To Play Lead Role In Vicky DonorNow according to Article 15*Ayushmann who was also seen in the show claimed that as he was quite skin and bones type their pair together might not have worked. What happened later was Yami Gautam had apparently then had bagged the role later and featured with him in the movie.

View this post on Instagram

It’s the *Season Finale* with these #Andhadun BFFs! They are all set to bid adieu in BFFs Style! Catch me with @ayushmannk and @radhikaofficial on #BFFsWithVogue, This Saturday at 9 PM only on @colorsinfinitytv ! Presented by @jeepindia | Powered by @realisadiamond

A post shared by Neha Dhupia (@nehadhupia) on Jun 27, 2019 at 12:34am PDT

Trending

Radhika had begun her debut with a small role in the Hindi fantasy named Vaah! Life Hoh Toh Aisi. She will next be seen in English films like The Ashram and The Wedding Guest. Meanwhile, Ayushmann Khurrana will be seen in films like Dream Girl alongside Nushrat Bharucha, Bala alongside Bhumi Pednekar, Shubh Mangal Zyada Savdhaan and Gulabo Sitabo alongside Amitabh Bachchan.

Radhika, whose last Bollywood release was Bombairiya, will be seen next opposite Nawazuddin Siddiqui in Raat Akeli Hai. Meanwhile, Ayushmann is gearing up for the release of Anubhav Sinha’s Article 15, which hits the theatres this Friday (June 28).

Android & IOS users, download our mobile app for faster than ever Bollywood & Box Office updates!

The post Radhika Apte Reveals Why Was She Rejected To Play Lead Role In Vicky Donor appeared first on Koimoi.

More...

Latest News in Film Entertainment Forum