Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Film Entertainment Forum

Tusshar Kapoor fires bodyguard due to lack of privacy

Views: 1802  
Old 12-01-2009, 05:53 AM
Award Winner

Default Tusshar Kapoor fires bodyguard due to lack of privacy

Tushhar Kapoor got himself a personal bodyguard last month at the insistence of his parents. They urged him to get an armed guard as they were concerned over his safety, after an incident at a mall where he was mobbed.

Tusshar gave into emotional pressure from his parents. It has hardly been 30 days since and he has already gotten back to moving around by himself.

Was stifled

Kapoor explains why he terminated the services of the guard, "I have lived on my own, abroad, for a long time and am used to my space and privacy. Having a bodyguard constantly follow me everywhere was making me feel stifled. I thought I would get used to it eventually but it just got worse."

He continues, "In the first place, I only agreed to having security because my parents were worried for my safety." The guard was on a 12-hour duty and followed Tusshar everywhere. Even to the gym, and to his friends' homes. "He would just be there all the time. Even if I had to go to the office for ten minutes or just run a small

errand he was like my shadow, always around. It started making me uncomfortable and I constantly kept telling him to leave when he wasn't needed. Finally, I lost my patience one day and told my parents that I couldn't do this anymore."

Meanwhile, his sister Ekta has a full-time guard with her. They even go with her for her evening jog! Tusshar adds, "With her, its different. She needs someone to help her with holding her belongings and stuff. But I can manage on my own.

Also, these days, if you go for a film premiere or a big event, the management provides you with personal security so you don't really need a bodyguard. However, there have been a few occasions when a huge group of people were mobbing me."

Funnily, despite being with him for a month, Tusshar doesn't know the guard's name! "I would always address him as 'aap'. So I really didn't get into his personal details."

Latest News in Film Entertainment Forum