Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Photos: The New Female lead of Zee TV Mera Naam Karegi Roshan

Views: 2784  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 10-04-2010, 05:27 PM

Default Photos: The New Female lead of Zee TV Mera Naam Karegi Roshan

The buzz is that the female lead in Zee TV’s Mera Naam Karegi Roshan is to be replaced

Zee TV's Mera Naam Karegi Roshan apparently has an immediate problem in hand, as the protagonist Sana Sheikh has expresses her desire to leave the show due to personal reasons.

A source from the industry tells us "Sana has been contemplating to quit for the past two months. In between, her health had deteriorated owing to hectic scheduled. Although she has changed her mind not to discontinue, it now looks like she will be happy if she is relieved. The search had been on all the while to get a new face for Reet."

We hear that Amrapali Dubey who was last seen in Imagine Palkhon Ki Chaon Mein has been more or less finalized to play Reet. Sana Sheikh told Tellybuzz, "Yes it is true that I had told the production house that I want to leave two month back. I have certain issues which I don't want to speak now. As of now, I do not know whether I am getting replaced. If it happens, I will see it as a positive step as I wanted to quit."

When contacted, Amrapali told us," Talks are surely on. But nothing is final." Askng her further whether she will be playing Reet, Amprapali said "I have no idea." Producer and writer Rahil Qazi said "We are bringing in few new characters. Sana wanted to leave earlier but all is fine now." However we have clearly heard that Sana is getting replaced and Amrapali will be stepping into Reet's shoes soon.

About the show:
  • Mera Naam Karegi Roshan is an Indian television series that airs on Zee TV, based on the story of a daughter and her crusade against injustice and inequality.
  • It debuted on 12 July 2010, but on 26 November 2010 it was announced that Mera Namm Karegi Roshan was canceled due to lack of ratings.
  • The final episode aired on 9 December 2010. It was shot at Artisian and Nirman studio, Vasai (A Tribeni Group Venture).

Star Cast:
  • Sana Sheikh / Amrapali Dubey ... Reet
  • Sufi Malhotra ... Yagya (Reet's husband)
  • Himani Shivpuri... Yagya's mother
  • Sahil Anand ... Bhisham
  • Gautam Rode ... Samvad
  • Vikram Gokhale ... Thakur Veer Pratap Singh (Reet's father)
  • Kaushalya (Reet's mother)
  • Yashpal Sharma ... Kunwar Kuldeep Singh (Reet's elder brother)
  • Lubna Salim ... Yashoda (Kuldeep's wife)
  • Anirudh Dave... Rajveer Singh (Reet's second elder brother)
  • Sheetal Dabholkar ... Aishwarya (Rajveer's wife)
  • ... Lochan
  • Namrata Thapa Currentiya (Lochan's girlfriend)

Tags
mera naam karegi roshan, zee

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->