Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Film Entertainment Forum

Malayalam Film 'Soofiyum Sujathayum ' - Story, Star Cast, TOP 10 Controversies, Unknown, Interesting Facts, Negative Reviews

Views: 5767  
Old 06-04-2020, 05:49 PM

Default Malayalam Film 'Soofiyum Sujathayum ' - Story, Star Cast, TOP 10 Controversies, Unknown, Interesting Facts, Negative Reviews

The story where a mute Hindu girl,Sujata (Aditi Rao Hydari) falls in love with Muslim guy,Sufi (Dev Mohan) and because of parent's disapproval for the relationship she gets married to Rajeev (Jayasurya) based in Dubai.After 10 yrs Rajeev gets calls to comes back to same place .So will the girl meet her ex-flame? And under what circumstances? The movie uncovers all these aspects.

The love story is like dramas of 90s without any detailing and hence you don't feel connected with story or Sujata when couple separates. It looks rather hurried and their chemistry lacks magic.The climax is not at all impressive. The dance is important factor throughout film. And Dev Mohan isn't dancing you can very well make out. That's another let down as per me. Also Aditi is fine when it comes to dance. Acting wise all are good. Aditi looks pretty throughout the film but chemistry ,emotion and magic between Sufi and Sujata is weakest part.And that ruins the movie.Music is good. The story,screenplay and acting considered Sufiyum Sujatayum can be skipped.

Story, Film is about:
Sujata (mute) is in love with her neighbour, a sufi priest but her father gets her married off to a well-do-to NRI, in Dubai. Ten years have passed since and she thinks that she's left that love in her past - until, one day, she gets a call. Her husband (Rajeev) decides to bring her back to the village. What follows, forms the crux of Sufiyum Sujatayam, a musical love story.

Star Cast & Crew:
  • Star Cast are Jayasurya and Aditi Rao Hydari, Siddique
  • Written and directed by Naranipuzha Shanavas and produced by Vijay Babu under his banner Friday Film House
TOP 10 Unknown Facts & Interesting Facts & Controversies
  • In the wake of the Covid-19 outbreak, it became the first Malayalam film to be released directly to an OTT platform (Amazon Prime) before a theatrical release, subsequently igniting a controversy in the Kerala film industry.
  • Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the film will not be released theatrically and will stream worldwide on Prime Video making it the first Malayalam movie to get a OTT release.

Negative Reviews:
Good thing that this one got released in OTT. Script, Direction is too slow. Story tends to be interesting at the beginning however , there are no such strong plot.

Aditi ..It's all about Her. She was beautiful , Charming, Elegant. Her performance in first hour is Excellent. There is no much scope in second hour. Well, coming to Movie..it's a musical love story. There is love ,there is emotion, relation, religion everything anymovie want. But Director is not upto the mark to show these elements is a particular way to steal the audience. Nevertheless he tried, only songs and bgm department did good. Rest it is like a okayish one..

Positive Reviews
Its a movie for those who continue to pursue the reality of what Love is. For those who are content with the plethora of notions regarding love that today's world is flooded with. As stated by many, music and cinematography are excellent. As a movie, it may not be fulfilling in many respects. For those who are in love with the idea of love and pursue its essence, this is certainly a nice movie to watch. Kudos to Dev Mohan and Aditi Rao Hydari for their exemplary success in conveying, pristine yet 'silent' love.. which by the way touches me.. far more effectively than any of the contemporary 'Love Stories'.

Old 06-19-2020, 08:41 AM

Default Star Cast

Jayasurya was born in Ernakulam, Kerala, India. He is known for his work on Su Su Sudhi Vathmeekam (2015), Njan Marykutty (2018) and Iyobinte Pusthakam (2014). He has been married to Saritha since January 25, 2004.

Aditi Rao Hydari was born in 1986 in Hyderabad, from two royal lineages, that of Sir Akbar Hydari and J. Rameshwar Rao the erstwhile Raja of Wanaparthy.

A classical Bharatanatyam dancer, she made her acting debut with Sharada Ramanathan's acclaimed film Sringaram and rose to fame after her performance in Sudhir Mishra's Yeh Saali Zindagi. In 2012, she played the female lead in the movie London Paris New York opposite Ali Zafar and later became a part of Mahesh Bhatt's ****** franchise in Vishesh Bhatt's directorial film ****** 3 (2013).

Aditi is best known for her roles in ****** 3 (2013), Rockstar, London Paris New York, and Yeh Saali Zindagi. She will be soon seen in films like Guddu Rangeela directed by Subhash Kapoor; The Legend of Michael Mishra, directed by Manish Jha; Aur Devdas by Sudhir Mishra and Wazir, directed by Bejoy Nambiar along with Amitabh Bachchan and Farhan Akhtar and Fitoor, directed by Abhisheik Kapoor where she plays a young Begum.
Old 07-02-2020, 01:24 PM

Aditi Rao Hydari Opens up about playing a Speech Impaired Dancer in her upcoming film 'Sufiyum Sujatayum'

'The only Language I had to Learn was Sign Language': Aditi Rao Hydari Opens up about her character in Amazon Prime Video's upcoming film 'Sufiyum Sujatayum'

After the release of a spectacular trailer and two mesmerizing songs from Amazon Prime Video's upcoming film 'Sufiyum Sujatayum,' everyone eagerly waits for the release of the film which has a compelling musical-romantic drama plot. The film witnesses actors Jayasurya as Rajeev or Sufi and Aditi Rao Hydari as Sujata.

In an interview with a daily, speaking about how she was already trained in classical dance and how it helped her to portray the character in the movie Aditi Rao Hyderi says, "In the last eight-nine years, haven't been able to give too much time to dance and music. I used to practice Kalari, but then, I stopped. The break gave me time to reconnect with my creative side."

The actress further adds, "I play a speech impaired dancer in the film, so the only language I had to learn was sign language." Being a dancer was certainly beneficial for the actress to play her role as it was easier to communicate with gestures as a dancer does.

However, to ace her role, she made sure that her instructor was on the set to help her alter anything if she felt the need. The makers of the film were delighted to know about Aditi's innate classical dancing s**** as her character was that of a dancer.
Jayasurya wanted to be in the movie because of the beautiful script.

"Once in a lifetime we come across a script that leaves a mark on your soul. And it is exciting to be a part of such a meaningful film," said Sufiyum Sujatayum actor Jayasurya.

"The story of Sufi and Sujata is a tale of love and loss - a story so beautifully written that I could not say no to being a part of it. The charm of the layered with elegant storytelling will remind one of a different era."

Vijay Babu was pleased to know Aditi's dance s****s as she had to look a naturally trained dancer.

"The character of Sujata is a Kathak dancer and it was really important that the elements of dance was glorified through her personality. Aditi being a trained classical dancer just made her even more perfect for the role of Sujata. She truly realized the character on screen and we are sure she will charm the viewers as well with her stellar performance. Her s****s are unmatchable and I am glad I get to tell this story with such a dedicated artist."

The film is written and directed by Naranipuzha Shanavas and produced by Vijay Babu under his banner Friday Film House. The film is shot by cinematographer Anu Moothedath and edited by Deepu Joseph. Sufiyum Sujatayum is brought together by executive producer Vinay Babu and releases on this 3rd of July on the OTT platform Amazon Prime Video. So don't miss the film!

Tags
Amazon Prime Video, Kannada Film, Soofiyum Sujathayum. South, South Film, Sufiyum Sujatayum, Sufiyum Sujatayum Free Watch, Sufiyum Sujatayum In Hindi, Sufiyum Sujatayum In Telugu, Sufiyum Sujatayum Negative Reviews, Sufiyum Sujatayum Positive Reviews, Sufiyum Sujatayum Reviews, Sufiyum Sujatayum Star Cast, Sufiyum Sujatayum Story

Latest News in Film Entertainment Forum