Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Health and Food Forum

TOP 1000 Recipes (Photos+Full Details)

Views: 64544  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 103 votes, 4.99 average.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:16 AM

Baked Potato with Egg, Extra Sharp Cheddar, and Canadian Bacon

When I saw this recipe on Cathy's site, Wives with Knives, I knew instantly that I would be making it. While my kids enjoyed the Baked Cinnamon Mini Donuts with Maple Glaze, my husband and I gobbled up these amazing baked potatoes stuffed with extra sharp cheddar, Canadian bacon, an over easy egg, topped with green onions. They were so simple to make and they tasted fantastic! We both loved them and I will definitely be making them again and again. Thanks for the delicious recipe Cathy!! Head over to Cathy's site to see all of her amazing recipes.

Baked Potato with Egg, Extra Sharp Cheddar, and Canadian Bacon:
Adapted recipe and photos by For the Love of Cooking.net
Original recipe by Wives with Knives
  • 2 baked potatoes, top third removed, and the filling scooped out
  • Extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
  • Canadian bacon, sliced
  • 2 eggs
  • Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
  • Green onions, sliced

Bake your potatoes in a 400 degree oven for 1 hour. Remove the top third of the potato and scoop out most of the filling. Make sure to leave some of the filling in so the potato will not collapse.

Sprinkle the inside with some cheese and Canadian bacon then crack an egg and pour it inside. Season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste.

Place the potatoes in a baking dish and place in the oven preheated to 400 degrees. Cook until the egg is set but the yolk is still soft, about 15 minutes, or until the egg is cooked to your liking.

Remove from the oven and sprinkle with sliced green onions. Serve immediately. Enjoy.

Old 04-26-2011, 05:16 AM

Homemade Baked Cinnamon Mini Donuts with Maple Glaze

My kids love donuts and usually talk my husband into buying them for breakfast a couple Saturdays a month. My daughter and I recently found this cute little mini donut maker in the kitchen department in a major department store for $20 and I couldn't resist buying it. I love that these donuts are baked instead of fried and that my kids can help make their own breakfast treats with me. They were super simple to make and the kids LOVED them.

Cinnamon Donuts:
Adapted recipe and photos by For the Love of Cooking.net
Original recipe by Bella Cucina Artful Food (donut maker cookbook)
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 tbsp baking powder
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 4 tbsp canola oil

Stir the dry ingredients together. Add the egg, vanilla, and milk then whisk together for 1 minute. Add the oil and continue to whisk until well combined.

Heat the donut maker then coat it with cooking spray. Pour a bit of the batter into the center each donut mold, making sure not to overfill. Close the lid and cook for 2 minutes. Carefully remove the donuts and place on a baking rack.

Maple Glaze:
  • 2 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
  • 1/4 cup maple syrup
  • 3-4 tbsp water

Combine all ingredients together and whisk until smooth and creamy. Dip each donut top into the glaze and place back on the rack. Sprinkle the top with nonpareils if desired then serve immediately. Enjoy.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:17 AM

Crusty French Bread

If you read my blog you know that making homemade bread is very intimidating to me. I saw this recipe for crusty French bread on a blog called Lynda's Recipe Box that looked so delicious and fairly simple to make so I decided to give it a try. My son helped gather all the ingredients together and put them in the bread machine and we let the machine do all the work on the dough cycle. The bread turned out to be really, really easy to make and it was absolutely delicious. It had a nice crust on the outside and it was light and fluffy on the inside - it was a huge hit with all of us. I can't wait to make this bread again and again. Thanks Lynda!

Note: If you don't have a bread machine - head over to Lynda's site where she gives instructions to do it by hand.

Crusty French Bread:
Adapted recipe by For the Love of Cooking.net
Original recipe by Lynda's Recipe Box
  • 2 cups of warm water
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 3 tsp salt
  • 2 tbsp sugar
  • 6 cups of all purpose flour
  • 1 envelope active dry yeast
  • Cornmeal
  • 1 egg white
  • 1 tbsp water

Place all dough ingredients (through yeast) in the bread machine in the order listed. Select the dough cycle and press start.

Once the bread machine stops (it was one and a half hours on my machine). Remove the pan from the bread machine and punch the dough down (deflate it), then cover and let it rise a second time, until doubled in size, about 30 minutes.

Remove the dough and place it on a floured surface and knead for 1 minute. Use a sharp knife and cut the dough into two equal pieces. Roll each piece into a rectangle. Roll up jelly roll fashion and pinch the seam together. Tuck the ends underneath. Line a baking sheet with a silpat mat and sprinkle with cornmeal. Place the bread on the prepared baking sheet; cover and let rise until it doubles in size, about 30 minutes.

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Carefully make several evenly placed diagonal cuts (with a sharp knife) on top of each loaf. Beat together the egg white and 1 tablespoon of water then brush over each loaf with a pastry brush.

Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 23-25 minutes, or until the loaves are golden brown and sound hollow when tapped. Remove from baking sheet and cool on wire racks. Enjoy.

Old 04-26-2011, 05:18 AM

Egg Salad Sandwich

We spent the holiday at our dear friends house last weekend. While we were there my friend Lori made me a delicious egg salad sandwich with the left over Easter eggs. She served the egg salad on the best bread ever... Dave's ****er Good Seed Bread. The egg salad would be tasty on any bread but I really loved the texture and flavor of this bread and it paired perfectly with the egg salad.
Egg Salad Sandwich:
Recipe and photos by For the Love of Cooking.net
Inspired by Lori Smith
  • 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
  • 1 ½-2 tbsp mayonnaise
  • 1 tbsp dill pickles, diced
  • 1 tsp red onion, diced finely
  • ¼ tsp dried dill weed
  • Dash of dried mustard
  • Sea salt and freshly cracked, to taste
  • 2 slices of bread
  • Lettuce

Place the chopped eggs in a bowl then add the mayonnaise, dill pickles, red onion, dried dill, dried mustard, sea salt, and freshly cracked pepper, to taste. Mix with a fork until well combined.

Add the lettuce to one slice of bread then top the lettuce with the egg salad mixture and spread evenly, add the other slice of bread and eat. Enjoy.

Old 04-29-2011, 06:47 AM

Mushroom and Turkey Italian Sausage Stuffed Shells

I had some leftover mushroom marinara I needed to use up so I decided to make some stuffed shells with mushrooms, spinach, and turkey Italian sausage. It was a super simple recipe to make and tasted fantastic. If you don't have time to make your own marinara, just use your favorite sauce from a jar. I served the stuffed shells with homemade French bread for a delicious and hearty meal.

Stuffed Shells:
  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • 5 links of turkey Italian sausage, removed from casings
  • 8 oz white ****on mushrooms, sliced
  • 1/2 sweet yellow onion, diced finely
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1 15 oz low fat ricotta cheese
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
  • 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded (plus extra for garnish)
  • 1/2 cup of fresh spinach, chopped
  • 5-6 fresh basil leaves, chopped (plus extra for garnish)
  • Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
  • 3 cups of mushroom marinara (or store bought sauce)
  • 12 jumbo pasta shells, cooked per instructions

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Heat the olive oil in a large s****et over medium heat. Once hot, add the turkey Italian sausage (removed from casing), and cook until crumbled. Add the mushrooms and onions then sauté until golden brown, about 5-6 minutes. Add the minced garlic and continue to cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Remove from heat and let cool.
In a large bowl combine the ricotta, the mozzarella, Parmesan, the egg, the spinach, fresh basil, the nutmeg, sea salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste. Mix thoroughly then add the turkey, Italian sausage, mushroom, and onion sauté then combine. Taste mixture and re-season if needed.
Pour 1 1/2 cups of marinara in the bottom of a baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray. Place the 12 cooked shells in the pan. Stuff each shell with the ricotta mixture. Pour the remaining sauce over the stuffed shells.
Cover with tin foil and bake for 35 minutes. Top with fresh chopped basil. Enjoy.

Tags
food, photos, recipes, top 1000

Latest Health Tips in Health and Food Forum