Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Health and Food Forum

Chinese Chicken Drumsticks Tutorial on Technique (Chinese Recipes)

Views: 5453  
Old 02-05-2010, 06:18 AM
Award Winner

Step 10:

Set up a small pot with a few inches of oil to medium-high heat. You can use a fryer or deep fry thermometer if you want, but I eyeball everything and this works.

Hold your chicken by the bone (they make very useful handles for cooking and eating) and dunk it in milk (or whatever you're using) then dunk it in the bread mix, coating it well. Then put it in the oil. Repeat with enough so that you're not crowding the pot too much.

This part is a little gross, but sometimes a bit of blood from inside the bone will squirt out of the tip sticking out. Just make sure to get that bone tip into the oil for a second or two to seal it up. Once they get nice and brown, take them out.
Award Winner

Step 11:

The meat is very tender so over cooking it really ruins it, not to mention makes them greasy. Properly fried food isn't very greasy at all, thanks Alton Brown for that episode. Set them on a rack to cool.
Award Winner

Step 12:

You can eat them with a selection of dipping sauces or just as is, either way they are great. I also like to slather them in a good buffalo wing sauce, since I have an obsession with making really fancied up versions of normal food like buffalo wings or grilled cheese sandwiches. They are also great cold, the next day, or any other way you like your KFC. They are a bit labor intensive for what you get out of it, but they do make for some very impressive hors d'oeuvres/grill nibbles for $10. It's definitely a part of my 'impress new girlfriend' menu.

Tags
recipe

Latest Health Tips in Health and Food Forum