Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Jyoti does an Ekta Kapoor, all in good spirit

Views: 1598  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 12-24-2009, 12:37 PM
Award Winner

Default Jyoti does an Ekta Kapoor, all in good spirit

Jyoti Gauba considers herself lucky for having got a chance to play Anekta Kapoor a character modeled on Ekta Kapoor in the movie Idiot Box. Jyoti is currently seen as Yashoda in Maat Pitah ke Charno Main Swarg. She shared details with us about the film.

Jyoti was active in modelling before doing Swarg. "I was always offered roles of mothers or bhabhis.

For the first time any director or production house (Ramas Movie Maker) offered me such an interesting character to play. Most importantly, they hadn't even met me. They just saw my pictures and imagined me in that look."

She claims to have not prepared at all to play Anekta. She says, "She is supposed to be very dynamic, authoritative and confident - that was the brief given to me about the character.

She thinks that if she wants her team to follow rules, then she has to lead by example. Anekta is hard-working and successful too."

Since this character is very similar to K-soap queen Ekta, did she try to observe her?
"I barely saw her in award functions. But my director helped me a lot; he showed me her mannerisms and body language so well that I did not have to prepare at all."

Various shows and films have spoofed Ekta. "Everyone has their own perception about it so I don't think people will compare me with someone and even if they do, it's alright."

Jyoti feels that Ekta is an icon for everyone that is the reason why everyone likes to spoof her. "She has changed the TV scene. Actors, production crew and many others have been employed because of her. In the film too, we are showing her positive side and how people have misconceptions about her but with a comic touch."

Jyoti has another film, As River Flows, on hand, in which she plays a widow. Directed by Vidyut Kuttuky it's produced by NFDC (National Film Development Corporation). Idiot Box will release on January 15.

Tags
ekta kapoor, jyoti gauba

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->