Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

There's a piece of Ekta in Tere Liye!

Views: 3082  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 06-11-2010, 06:10 PM

Default There's a piece of Ekta in Tere Liye!

Ekta Kapoor bets you can get a glimpse of her own life in Balaji and Star Plus’ upcoming show Tere Liye…

Tere Liye
, the romantic saga being presented by Balaji Telefilms' has induced passion as never seen before in Ekta Kapoor… passion for her profession!

The reigning queen of television declares, "If I could put a part of my life in a show, it's in Tere Liye."

She goes on to tell, "The show has a lot of inspiration from my teenage years. All of my feelings from my teenage years…what I went through when I had my first pimple…how I felt when I went to school one day and everyone was celebrating Valentine's Day…all of my emotional ups and downs that I went through during such times have been incorporated into the show."

When asked if it's too real, Ekta was careful to draw the line and say, "No it's not all about my life."

Ekta's description of the plot is lucid. "Tere Liye is a journey of a couple in love. It portrays their growth as they discover love; how they learn to handle it when they know it's for real with them and finally become so mature even to make sacrifices for it! Tere Liye is my tribute to the English sitcom The Wonder Years."

When asked Ekta why she chose Harshad Chopra and Anupriya Kapoor for the lead roles Ekta explained, "Harshad is one of those actors who can be silent and reflect the intensity of the shot. Harshad being placid is never boring. That ability is in very few actors and Harshad chose the bill perfectly. Anupriya's smile completely took me away. When we got both of them to do a joint screen test immediately we had a crackling chemistry! So we decided to get them onboard."

Tere Liye launches on June 14th at 10 pm on Star Plus.

About the Show:
  • Tere Liye (transl. For You) is an Indian television drama series that was aired from 14 June 2010 to 2 April 2011 on Star Plus. Produced by Ekta Kapoor and Shobha Kapoor under Balaji Telefilms.
  • Controversy: The series ended abruptly due to issues between channel and production house.
  • The show became available on Hotstar on 21 June 2020
  • Story, Plot: Taani and Anurag are childhood friends and are bound to each other. Their parents get them married at a very young age and later due to the misunderstanding between Anurag's father and Tani's mother they had to separate. However, later they are brought together again because of their deep love and commitment to each other.
  • TRP, Reviews: The series opened with high rating of 3.8 TVR in its debut week. The following week it rose to 3.9 TVR. In week 49 of 2010, it was the ninenth most Hindi GEC with 4.0 TVR.
  • Soundtrack: "Tere Liye" (Male Version) and"Tere Liye" (Female Version)
Star Cast:
  • Harshad Chopda as Anurag Ganguly: Taani's husband; Shekar and Nilanjana's son; Nupur's former fiancee; Ananya's brother
  • Anupriya Kapoor as Taani Ganguly: Anurag's wife; Bimlendu and Laboni's daughter; Taposh's sister; Sushant's former fiancee
  • Shakti Arora as Taposh Banerjee– Taani's brother (2010–2011)
  • Neha Saxena as Mauli Sharma– Robindo's former girlfriend, Taposh's wife (2010–2011)
  • Rajat Tokas as Robindo Ganguly– Anurag's brother (2010–2011)
  • Ruchi Savarn as Jonaki Sharma– Mauli's sister, Robindo's wife (2010–2011)
  • Neha Janpandit/Reshmi Ghosh as Nupur Basu– Ritesh's sister, Anurag's fiancée (2010–2011)
  • Kali Prasad Mukherjee as Shekhar Ganguly– Anurag's father, Bimlendu's friend (2010–2011)
  • Geetanjali Tikekar as Nilanjana Ganguly– Anurag's mother (2010–2011)
  • Supriya Shukla as Laboni Banerjee– Taani's mother (2010–2011)
  • Virendra Singh as Bimlendu Banerjee– Taani's father, Shekhar's friend (2010–2011)
  • Garima Bhatnagar as Ananya Ganguly– Anurag's sister (2010–2011)
  • Nikhil Arya as Ritesh Basu– Nupur's brother, Ananya's husband (2010–2011)
  • Aadesh Chaudhary as Subodh Bhalla– Anurag and Taani's childhood friend (2010)
  • Anurag Sharma as Sushant Mehra– Anurag's friend, Taani's fiancé (2010, 2011)
  • Rithvik Dhanjani as Partho Rawal– Anurag's friend (2010)
  • Sanjay Gagnani Gagnani as Jacky- Nupur’s friend (2010)
  • Tanya Abrol as PM- Anurag and Taani’s childhood friend (2010)
  • Sangeeta Kapure as Gulabo– Ritesh's mistress (2010)
  • Prachi Deshmukh as adolescent Taani (2010)
  • Devarsh Thakkar as adolescent Anurag (2010)
  • Meghan Jadhav as adolescent Subodh (2010)
  • Kritika Sharma as adolescent Mauli (2010)

Tags
ekta kapoor, star plus, tere liye

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->