Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Ladies Special derailed

Views: 2192  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 12-03-2009, 05:32 PM

Default Ladies Special derailed

(Unfortunately) Yeh Ladies Special December 9 ko yard mein jaayegi! Yes, the much-acclaimed Sony show is all set to wrap up next. The show was doing very well and had recently got an extension of 16 episodes too,but the makers have decided to wind it up.

Though the real reason behind this sudden development is not yet known, it is said the new developments recently introduced in the show failed to generate the desired ratings. The producers did not even bother to give the show a second chance as it was one of the best shows of the channel.

The news of the show going off-air has shocked its actors. They were very happy about the extension, but now they are very upset that the show which helped the channel in its bad times is not even entitled for a proper exit.

A source informs, “Yes it is sad that one of the best shows of the channel is going off-air and the worst part is that the actors are not even informed about it. They came to know when promos of the new show Jeet Jayenge Hum began airing with a telecast date of December 14 in the Ladies Special's slot.”

The source adds, “The show had helped the channel to get good TRP’s after they went in for a revamp. What hurts is the show is not even getting a decent burial, this is just so unprofessional. I think good shows just do not work well.”

Ashita Dhawan who plays Babli in the show says, “Yes, the show is going off air and I don’t know why but we are still waiting for the official announcement.”

She adds, “There are so many people who have been appreciating the show. In fact other producers have even told me what a fresh change it was from other shows. The news of it going off air is a shocker.”

Talking about her fiancé Shaliesh Gulabani’s recent addition to the show,

she says, “Shaliesh had just entered the show and I was so happy with the way his character was shaping up. It’s sad that we will not
be together on Ladies Special anymore.”

Gulabani says, “We are waiting to hear about the show’s exit it from the horse’s mouth.”

We called Danish Khan, the channel’s marketing head but he remained unavailable.

All our attempts to reach show producer Vipul D Shah (Optimystix) were futile.

Tags
ladies special, soap, sony

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->