Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Sourabhee is Indian Idol 4

Views: 3614  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 03-02-2009, 06:55 PM
Sr.Member

Default Sourabhee is Indian Idol 4

It has happened! The winner of Indian Idol 4 is a girl, Sourabhee. For the first time, a girl has won the competition. Sourabhee has beaten Kapil and Torsha to the title. Incidentally, Kapil Thapa is the runner up, while Torsha Sarkar is the second runner up.

Guests John Abraham, Neil Nitin Mukesh, and Katrina Kaif, who had come to promote their film New York, added glitter to the ceremony. The director ofthe film, Kabir Khan too was present. John quipped with his characteristic humour, "People who I met outside said that the person that I was paired with is going to be very lucky." Prophetic words because he was paired with winner Sourabhee.

Ironically, when speaking to a couple of days before the Grand Finale, Sourabhee had expressed her
nervousness and her apprehension at the imminent finale. As it happened, the evening ended with her winning a contract worth a crore, a TATA Winger car, and a personal gift from judge Sonali Bendre - an Omega watch. Congrats, girl! Jai Ho to woman power!
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 03-02-2009, 06:57 PM
Sr.Member

'I still can't believe I've won Indian Idol'

Sourabhee Debbarma made history by being the first woman to win Indian Idol on Sunday.

The 23-year-old singer, who hails from Agartala, beat finalists Torsha Sarkar and Kapil Thapa to win the coveted crown. She stands to wins a contract of Rs 1 crore with Sony Music and a car.

The grand finale featured appearances by John Abraham, Katrina Kaif and Neil Nitin Mukesh, who used the platform to promote their forthcoming film New York.

Sourabhee spoke to Rajul Hegde about her win:
You're the first female Indian Idol. How does it feel?
I still can't believe I've won the title. I am very excited. It will take some time to sink in.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:58 PM
Sr.Member

Email | Discuss | Get latest news on your desktop

Back | Next
'Performing with John Abraham was a dream come true'

What was going on in your mind when they were about to announce the winner's name? I was very nervous. This time, the winner's name was announced in a unique way. When John Abraham, Katrina Kaif and Neil Nitin Mukesh unveiled my photograph, it took two minutes for me to register that I was the winner. I thought it was a prank.
What was your favourite moment in the show?
I have many but performing with John Abraham was a dream come true. And then getting a trophy from my favourite actor! He genuinely wished that I win the title (smiles).
What was your parents' reaction?
My mother usually gets tense over small issues. This time, she was very tense before the results. My cousin took care of her.
What do you have to say to Kapil Thapa and Torsha Sarkar?
All three of us are talented, that's why we have reached the finals. Someone had to be declared the winner. I got the maximum votes, so I became the Idol. Whatever we have got today -- the exposure and audience love -- is because of Indian Idol. Just because they haven't won, doesn't mean they are less talented.
Old 03-02-2009, 06:59 PM
Sr.Member

The Maharaja had come to support me'

You were very excited that the Maharaja of Tripura Pradyot Bikram Kishore Manikya had come to support you at the finale. The Maharaja had come to support me and he was very happy that I became the Indian Idol. He told me that I had brought name and fame to Tripura. He said, 'You are the youth icon and will be able to inspire the youth for more creative pursuits.'
The last time you visited your hometown, you said that you had received a bigger reception than a politician. What kind of reception are you expecting this time?
I'm the first female to enter this show from this region, and win the title. So I'm very excited about returning to my hometown. Last time when I had gone to Tripura, people were waiting to get a glimpse of me. I felt so good. Now since I have become the Idol, I am going to get a bigger reception.
I don't know when I will return because I have to finish recording and shooting the Indian Idol album. I will try to take some time off and go between these schedules or else go after a month.
What will you do with the prize money?
I will not get a lump sum. According to the contract, I will get it in instalments. I will give a part of it to the Prime Minister's Relief fund in my hometown, start a music institution with another part and keep the rest for myself.
How will you celebrate your win?
Last night, the top 14 contestants from this season, and some contestants from the earlier seasons got together for a dance. All of us had fun and everyone was happy for me because they felt I deserved to win. The girls were more excited because a woman won.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:01 PM
Sr.Member

'Kapil and I are good friends'

What did the judges tell you after you won? Javedji (Akhtar) had said I was his Indian Idol long ago. When he came on stage after the announcement, he just told me to recollect what he had said.
Sonaliji (Bendre) was very excited because she was rooting for girls. She gifted me with an Omega watch.
Anuji (Malik) told be that success shouldn't go to my head and that I should always be grounded.
Rumour has it that Kapil and you are a couple. Is that true?
We are good friends; everybody has liked our chemistry. Are we more than friends? I cannot comment on that. There are certain things which must be kept confidential. You will know at the right time.
Will you shift base to Mumbai?
If I get more work, I will definitely shift to Mumbai.
How was your India Idol experience?
It was wonderful. The best part was that I was never in the danger zone.
I was nobody before. Today, people know me because of Indian Idol, and I sincerely thank Indian Idol for that. I also want to thank the audience for supporting me.

Tags
indian idol, indian idol 4, reality show, sony, winner

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->