Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Judges of STAR Parivaar Awards 2010

Views: 3233  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 06-11-2010, 03:46 AM

Default Judges of STAR Parivaar Awards 2010

STAR Parivaar Awards this year marks the successful completion of 10 years of the prestigious award function. The huge family of Star has been warmly welcoming new faces and the old one have been handing over the responsibility of looking after the big parivaar to the younger lot. A responsibility they have fulfilled to their level best. The Tuslis and Parvati have created a special place in our hearts. Their shows might have ended but they still remain to be a part of this parivaar as they look upto the new bahus who have joined the family to take care of it.

With this they embark on a new journey as this time for the SPA, Tulsi (Smriti Irani) will be gracing the judging panel along with veterans Sachil Pilgaonkar and Swapna Joshi Waghmare and her co-actor from Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, Ronit Roy. The four judges have been shouldered the responsibility of choosing the most promising talent this year in different categories. And we expect nothing less than picking up the best of the lot.

Smriti Irani

Popular as Tulsi Virani, iconic daughter-in-law, is associated with STAR Plus for almost 10 years now. Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, which catapulted her to fame turned out to be a path-breaking show of Indian television. It made celebrities out of commoners overnight and the one who tasted unbound success and registered her name in the pages of history forever was Smriti Irani. The lady is still remembered and fondly addressed as Tulsi bahu by her fans across the globe. Irani this year is one of the jury members at SPA and known for her just and fair on-screen avatar, we expect her to reward the best of the lot.

Says Irani, “With STAR Parivaar Awards I am returning to my old family. It feels great to be a part of the prestigious awards all over again. I feel obliged that even now I continue to receive the same respect and love from the channel.”

Talking about the judging criteria, the actress says, “From the last seven years, I have been associated with these awards ceremony as an actor and this year I am a part of the judging panel and will be judging the budding talent on STAR Plus.”

“I can't tell who my favourites are because it will reveal who the winner is but I am really looking forward for these awards”, signs off Irani.

Ronit Roy

Roy received a warm welcome as the new Mihir Virani after he replaced Amarr Upadhyay and since then there was no looking back from him. He became a regular, both on Balaji Telefilms and STAR Plus. After the much celebrated character of Mihir, Roy went on to do another popular character of Rishab Bajaj in Kasauti Zindagi Kay. He was also seen judging Aaja Maahi Vay along with Shweta Tiwari and Apara Mehta. Roy also featured in shows like Kayamath and Kkavyanjali. The actor also owns a security business, providing security to top Bollywood stars and production houses.

Sachin Pilgaonkar

One of the most respected names in the television industry, Sachin Pilgaonkar started his acting career at the age of four in the Marathi flick, Ha Maaza Marg Eekla. He also featured as a child artist in movies like Jewel Thief and the Shammi Kapoor starrer Brahmachari. He later went on to play lead roles in Geet Gaata Chal, Ankhiyon Ke Jharokhon Se and Nadiya Ke Paar. He also featured in the popular flick Satte Pe Satta. Later, he took to direction and directed some of the popular Marathi films and TV soaps. His debut on Indian television happened in the '90s, when he directed the superhit comedy show Tu Tu Main Main for STAR Plus. In 2006, he, along with his wife, Supriya, won Nach Baliye.
Old 06-11-2010, 03:47 AM

Swapna Joshi Waghmare

Before turning producer with Rang Badalti Odhani, Swapna was into direction, acting and writing. This multi-talented lady has directed popular soaps like Karam, Main, Ahankari and Hotel Kingston. She has acted in Guajarti serial Shree Lekha. Swapna is receiving rave reviews for her show Odhani. Swapna is adjudicating the STAR Parivaar Awards for the first time and is upbeat about judging the talent.

Tags
judges, smriti irani, star parivaar awards

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->