Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Film Entertainment Forum

Emraan Hashmi demands 5 crore

Views: 2730  
Old 12-19-2008, 04:01 PM
Administrator

Default Emraan Hashmi demands 5 crore

The actor has jacked up his price after Jannat's success

The things success does to an otherwise out of work actor, I tell you! It's the Bhatt boy Emraan Hashmi now who, after the good run of Jannat, is acting pricey. It's an open secret that before the release of Jannat, Emraan didn't have any new film in hand and was charging a decent price between Rs 70 andndash; 80 lakh.

Now, he has hiked his price to a whopping Rs 5 crore! My close source from a big production house told me, "A well-known producer was in constant contact with Emraan for a film before the release of Jannat. The film was an action thriller, which was to be directed by a well-known ad filmmaker.

Emraan had also given a green signal to this producer but had not signed on the paper. He purposely delayed it because Jannat was on the verge of release and he was hoping it would be a hit."When this producer visited Emraan recently on the sets of Raaz 2, he was shocked when the actor demanded Rs 5 crore as his acting fees and Rs 1 crore as a signing amount.

The poor producer had to say goodbye to Emraan, as the budget of his film was only Rs 9 crore! Well, at this rate, Emraan would land up in the same position as before Jannat andndash; without any films.

Latest News in Film Entertainment Forum