Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Salim Merchant on judging Indian Idol 5

Views: 3507  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 04-22-2010, 06:55 PM

Default Salim Merchant on judging Indian Idol 5

Old 04-22-2010, 06:55 PM

Music director Salim Merchant is making his telly debut as a judge on Indian Idol 5.The musician and singer is happy with his career and enjoying his new role as a judge in this show. Here he is talking about his career, the show and more.

How did singing happen to you?

“I don’t remember how it happened. I know I had an ability to sing to an extent, but I never imagined singing for other composers. I have a songwriter voice, not a playback voice. I do have a lot of limitations, but I guess I have something good too.”

More Details of the Show Click on Below Tab
Old 04-22-2010, 06:56 PM

Tell us something about your first song from Kurbaan (2009) Ali Maula?

“I had sung the scratch version of the song for Karan Johar’s approval and we wanted Rahat Fateh Ali Khan but Karan insisted that I sing the song, so I gave it a shot. I was a bit scared though. I liked the song personally and it was my first, so I didn’t mess it up but Suleiman bhai always pushed me to sing, so that has given me an encouragement.”
Old 04-22-2010, 06:56 PM

How is it working with young talents like Naresh Kamath, Shruti Pathak, Rishika Sawant and Sonia Sehgal?

“New singers are raw and even audiences love new talent and there are certain songs which are sung by the new comers because of the freshness in their vocals and all these have tremendous potential to excel in playback singing.”
Old 04-22-2010, 06:57 PM

Which actor you would like to sing for?

“Frankly speaking, I don’t have plans and I am comfortable with all the actors in Bollywood and my dream is just to give the best song to the film and I love to sing for Shah Rukh Khan."

Tags
indian idol 5

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->