Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Juhi Aslam Talked About secrets

Views: 7361  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 03-30-2011, 03:02 PM

Default Juhi Aslam Talked About secrets

Juhi Aslam, the protagonist of Imagine's Baba Aiso Varr Dhundo in conversation with TellyBuzz..

Juhi Aslam is today one of the popular faces on Indian Television. She very well brings out the feelings of the midget Bharti in Imagine's Baba Aiso Varr Dhundo.

Here is Juhi in a candid chit-chat with TellyBuzz where she talks of her upbringing, her show on television and much more..

Tell us about yourself.
I come from Shikohabad, near Agra. I am doing my Bachelor's degree in Science. I want to become a doctor. I live with my parents, brothers and grandmother. My father has a footwear shop.

How did you bag this show?
The casting co-coordinator spotted me outside my college and asked me whether I wanted to act. I thought he was joking, so I ignored him. But he asked me again, and wanted to meet my parents. I couldn't believe that I had got an offer to act in a TV show! My mother was unsure about me acting on television, but my father and grandmother felt I will get an exposure on TV.

What was facing the camera for the first time like?
My first audition was recorded on a mobile phone. Later, I was asked to come for a proper audition. I am not a trained actress, so obviously I was very nervous facing the camera.

How much can you relate to your character?
I can relate to my character because I am talented and intelligent like her. I just have to be me; I don't have to act much. Sometimes I am required to cry for a scene when I'm feeling really sleepy, and that's very irritating. But otherwise, it's all fine.

How did your friends react to this?
Mummy has become very excited now. Everyone is happy for me. I got calls from friends and well wishers, wishing me luck before the show went on air. Some of them told me not to forget them once I became a celebrity!

Have you faced problems like your character in real life?
Yes. I used to feel bad about my height. When people would look at me strangely, I would cry and ask God why was I made so different from the others. But now I am more confident about it. I think I am special to God and that's why he has made me different. My shortcoming has now become my asset.

Weren't you skeptical that if the show did not click with the audience, people would have ridiculed the story, concept and the actors who were a part of it?
I did feel that way, because it was a very different concept and I had that dhak dhak going on in my heart as to how people will accept the show. But the show took a great opening and was successful in no time.

The most difficult and the funniest scene you have shot till now?
The funniest and the most difficult scene was the one when I was thrown in the swimming pool. The shot was taken at 3 AM in the morning. I did not know how to swim, it was very tough and people who were present were making me feel scared.

Define Baba Aiso Varr Dhoondo in one sentence?
It is a show that is trying to show the truth and reality to the audience. This show is not like any other daily soap.

The show revolves around marriage. What is your own take on it?
I have decided not to get married.

Would you like to continue acting?
If I get good offers, why not?

Which has been the most struggling phase for you?
Struggle in life has always been there because of my height. Since I am a dwarf, whenever I go out at any function people ask me so many questions, and they would be stunned to see me. It was tough for me to face them, but now I am used to it and feel confident after doing Baba Aiso Var Dhoondo. The credit for my success goes to the Producer Raakesh Paswan.

The craziest rumor you have heard about yourself?
I am new in the industry, so I haven't heard any rumours about myself so far. But my co-actors keep telling me that I am a very nice person (smiles).

Tell us something about your nature.
I am a very simple girl; I do not have any attitude. I can make friends easily, I am emotional and not an introvert at all.

One thing you want to change about yourself.
I am a short tempered person and sometimes do not even realize that I am actually intervening in a matter which is not related to me.

Where do you see yourself in five years?
I have chosen this career and wish to get more and more work. I am really looking forward to doing some more interesting shows, especially the ones which will suit my personality. I want to do commercials and create a niche for myself here.

Your good luck charm?
It has to be my height which gave me an opportunity to become famous. And also my Producer Raakesh Paswan.

Your message to people who face such physical challenges.
Don't lose your heart, be positive as sometimes your weakness can be your strength (smiles).

Tags
baba aiso varr dhundo, juhi aslam, tvstars

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->