Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Film Entertainment Forum

Vishal Dadlani is NOT gay!

Views: 2020  
Old 08-14-2009, 08:36 AM

Default Vishal Dadlani is NOT gay!

At around 3 pm on August 13, 2009, rocker Vishal Dadlani’s Twitter page read ‘Yes i am gay! finally i am out of the closet

Vishal Dadlani More Pics
friends.’

Even as we put up the exclusive interview with the rocker and director of Vishal-Shekhar fame, where he told us it was a joke played by friend and director Siddharth Anand (of Salaam Namaste fame)... we were deluged by calls. No, it wasn’t fans, it was the duo themselves ...

Please change the headline, they said (‘Vishal Dadlani is gay... tweet!’). People all over the world were apparently calling up Dadlani, asking him about the news! The rattled rocker told us to change the headline or it would mean the end of his friendship with Anand.

He said, “I have composed seven tracks for SA’s (Siddharth Anand) new film. I have no hesitation just deleting them and that will be the end of this I mean a joke’s a joke and fine between friends but when it begins to affect my family—my two nieces, my mom, dad—it becomes too much.”

Dadlani also clarified the mischief at hand on twitter, with a "Sorry guys, Siddharth Anand got to my page, and he's obviously retarded... apologies to the disappointed men,” and in retaliation posted Anand’s cell number on twitter for aspiring actors to call! And yes, he also called us asking us to put Anand’s number in the copy!

And as for Twittersphere, it went into a stunned silence at the “candid confession” before it replied with messages of encouragement, rah-rahs and pats on the back for having the courage to come out.

Minutes after the first post, the space read ‘Even though i'm proclaiming I'm gay my music won't suffer friends’. That’s when we first spoke to them and caught the two in a jocular mood, with Dadlani bursting into raucous laughter, “Sorry to disappoint you but my twitter page was open and Siddharth Anand was at my seat so he was just fooling around.”

Giving Anand the phone for clarifications was not quite the best idea as he, in all earnestness, came online only to confess, “Yes, you see, Vishal is quite shy about being gay. This is very personal matter you see.”

Dude, you posted it on twitter, how personal can it be, we asked, only to have Dadlani take control of the phone again, “As you can see, it was just a bit of fooling around. But yes, I’ve had calls from gay associations saying, glad to see you are out of the closet, others saying ‘whatever floats your boat man,’ and that’s just the way it is, I guess.”

That’s how music is made, hunh? No, don’t call them to find out... this is going to keep them busy for a while, looks like!

So yes, Vishal Dadlani is NOT gay ... whew! There, we said it again ... but in an age when Article 377 is being lifted, such phobia ain’t cool, you know!

Latest News in Film Entertainment Forum