Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Health and Food Forum

TOP 10 Stress Relief Work Desk tips

Views: 2213  
Old 02-28-2018, 04:51 PM

Default TOP 10 Stress Relief Work Desk tips

Yoga Asana You Can Do at Your Work Desk for Stress Relief

Most of us spend our days working at our desk for more than eight hours. Doing desk job can leave you with a stiff body as you are slouching in front of your computer the entire day. It can cause backaches and pain in the neck, shoulders and hips. Apart from regular exercise, you can practice some yoga asanas at your desk to energize your body, relieve stress, reduce body aches and calm your mind. These quick yoga asanas can be done sitting in your chair and are office-friendly (your colleagues will not freak out). So, here are some simple yoga poses you can do at your work desk for stress relief and to get energized. (ALSO READ Best yoga poses for flat tummy: Practice these 5 yoga asanas to reduce belly fat).
Chair Pigeon Pose

Videos @ http://www.india.com/lifestyle/5-yog...elief-2908708/

How to do it: Sit straight in your chair with your feet flat on the floor and hands at your sides. Lift your right leg and cross it over your left leg. Make sure there is no pressure on your knees. You will feel a slight stretch on the outer side of your right thigh. Now, slowly bend forward and take 10 deep breaths before coming back up. Now, do the same on the other side.

Seated twist

How to do it: Start by sitting straight with your feet flat on the floor and hands at your sides. Now, lengthen your spine, twist your upper body to the right and hold the back of your chair with your right hand. Hold this position for a minute and then return to the original position. Repeat it on the other side. (ALSO READ Treat Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome with yoga: These are 5 yoga asanas for PCOS treatment).

Wrist stretches

How to do it: Sit straight in your chair and stretch your hands in front of you. Keep them at shoulder level. Start by rotating your wrists. Then, pull back your fingers to feel a slight stretch in your wrists. Flex it and hold it for 10 seconds. Do the same on the other side.

Seated tadasana

How to do it: Sit straight with your feet flat on the floor. Extend your arms above your head. Lengthen your spine and engage your core. Hold this position for about 10 seconds and return to the original position. Do this about five times. (ALSO READ Yoga asanas for stress relief: These 5 yoga poses will help reduce stress and anxiety).

Seated side stretch

How to do it: Start by sitting straight with your feet flat on the floor. Now, keep your left hand on the armrest, lift your right hand and extend it above your head. Slowly bend towards your left and hold the position for about 10 seconds. Com back to the original position and repeat the same on the other side.

These yoga poses will help you to stay energized and get rid of muscle aches cause due to sitting for long hours.

Tags
Do stress balls help with anxiety, Do stress relievers work, How can I destress myself instantly, How can I relax my mind, How can I stop stress and anxiety, How do I destress in 5 minutes, How do stress balls help you, How do you get rid of stress naturally, How do you relieve stress, How do you relieve stress at your desk, How do you squeeze a stress ball, tips, top 10, What are 5 Stress Busters, What are the five stress management techniques, What can I buy to relieve stress, What do you put inside a stress ball, What is a stress buster, What is the best medicine for stress, What is the best stress buster

Latest Health Tips in Health and Food Forum