Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Bali Umar Ko Salaam has run into troubled waters

Views: 2166  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 02-17-2009, 04:21 PM
Sr.Member

Default Bali Umar Ko Salaam has run into troubled waters

Jay Mehta's Bali Umar Ko Salaam has run into troubled waters. The show that was to launch on 3 November, 2008, might now fail to take off. Thought it's still not clear what went wrong, the show's fate looks all but sealed.

An actor requesting anonymity says, "Though, we haven't been given the final word yet but the signs are ominous. There's no shooting taking place. It's unlikely that Bali Umar Ko Salaam will go on air. I'd pinned high hopes on this show thus I turned down other offers. Unfortunately, I'm now left to regret them. I need to start looking for new shows soon."

An industry insider adds, "No word has been coming out from the channel but what's been learnt that Imagine is no longer keen on having the show as it has already been delayed by several months. They aren't prepared to bide more time."

Meanwhile another actor wasn't prepared to lose hope. "Well, I've had a word with my producer and I'm told that they will be having another meeting with the channel thus one cannot come to any conclusion now.'
When contacted, co-producer Kinnary Mehta said, "I've been hearing these rumours from the media but the channel still hasn't communicated anything to us. We were delayed by the strike and then the recession. The channel is of the view that we need to resell the show again. We'll be holding talks in this regard and it's only after that you'll know the exact picture."

Imagine programming head Shailja Kejriwal remained unavailable for comment.

Bali Umar Ko Salaam is the love story of two school kids. The principal cast includes Jay Soni, Ankita Lokhande and Neha Desai.
And as yet another show is aborted we wonder how many more will follow suit.

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->