Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Participants/Contestants/Photos/Videos: Zee TV's Dance Ke Superstar 2011

Views: 11431  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 03-29-2011, 01:44 PM

Default Participants/Contestants/Photos/Videos: Zee TV's Dance Ke Superstar 2011

Zee TV gears up for 'Dancing ke Superstars'..

After the culmination of DID Doubles, Zee TV will bring in a new concept which will be a battle between the contestants of earlier series of DID.

The dancing season on Zee TV continues, with a new concept Dancing Ke Superstars launching soon after the ongoing DID Doubles culminates! After crowning the Dancing Jodi, the channel will look forward to bringing in a show that will see the popular faces of the earlier seasons of Dance India Dance and even DID L'il Masters competing against each other.

We hear that the channel has approached Geeta Kapoor, Marzi Pestonji and Remo D'Souza to mentor the new series. Grandmaster Mithun Chakraborty is expected to be part of the show.

Our source states, "The contestants from Season 1 of DID like Siddhesh Pai, Jai Kumar Nair, Salman, Prine, Alisha, Mayuresh, Vrushali have been approached. From the Season 2 of DID, Shakti Punit, Dharmesh, Binny, Kruti, Amrita, Amar, Kishore have been offered to be part of the show. From DID L'il Masters, Avneet, Atul, Vaishnavi and Jeetumoni will most likely feature as contestants in the new format".

The show in all probability will see the Season 1 contestants competing against the Season 2. The channel has approached both Jay Bhanushali and Manish Paul as hosts, and one among them will be finalized. Shweta Salve is supposed to be the co host.

We tried calling Ashish Golwalkar, Non Fiction Head, Zee TV for a confirmation but could not get thro' to him.

Watch this space for more on the show..

Old 04-09-2011, 01:51 PM

Zee TV's next big reality show will be anchored by Manish Paul..

TellyBuzz was the first to report about Zee TV's upcoming reality show Dance Ke Superstars. The show as we know, will be a battlefield for the Season 1 and Season 2 contestants of Dance India Dance.

Manish Paul we hear will be the sole host of the show.

Our source states, "Manish who had earlier hosted L'il Masters on the same channel has been roped in as the host of this series. Shiamak Davar will be one of the judges while the show will have various celebrity guests occupying the other judge's spot. Mithun Chakraborthy will be the Grandmaster, but he might not be present for all the episodes as he has few date problems".

Siddhesh Pai, Jai Kumar Nair, Salman, Prince, Alisha, Mayuresh, Vrushali from Season 1, and Shakti, Punit, Dharmesh, Binny, Kruti, Amrita, Amar, Kishore from Season 2 are tipped to be part of the show. From DID L'il Masters, Avneet, Atul, Vaishnavi, Jeetumoni are likely to participate in this new format".

When contacted, Manish Paul confirmed the news, "Yes, I am the sole host of the new show on Zee TV".

We tried contacting Ashish Golwalkar, Non-Fiction Head, Zee TV, but he remained unavailable for comments.

Dance Ke Superstars will go on air right after the culmination of DID Doubles…
Old 04-09-2011, 01:54 PM

Salman Khan not to be part of Dance Ke Superstars...

Salman Khan, who was last seen in Sony TV's Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars, will not be a part of Zee TV's next, Dance Ke Superstars...

had already reported about Zee TV's next big dance reality show, Dance Ke Superstars, where Dance Guru Shiamak Davar will be the main mentor. We had also reported that the show will be a battleground where Dance India Dance Season One and Season Two contestants will battle against each other.

But one of the main people who will miss the stage will be none other than the Dance India Dance Season One winner, the handsome hunk, Salman Khan.

According to our source "Salman will be present in the first episode where he will declare in front of the audience that he will not continue the show due to date issues."

We contacted Salman and he confirmed saying "Yes, I will be present only for the first episode of the show. Even though I have done the promo shoots for the show, I won't be able to continue the shoot because of my prior commitments."

"I cannot say no to Zee TV because it gave me the platform where I gained the name and fame, but at the same time they approached me late. Nevertheless, I will be coming in the first episode and will announce the news to the audience personally", signs off Salman.

The stage will definitely miss Salman. __________________
Old 04-09-2011, 01:55 PM

Zee TV presents 'Dance ke Superstars'

8th April 2011, Mumbai: An entire nation's pulse raced as Dharmesh Sir stopped heartbeats with his dance moves on television last year. An entire nation watched with dropped jaws as Mayuresh enthralled with his mastery over Malkhamb. An entire nation swooned as Jay Kumar Nair brought the art of Kama Sutra alive with his grace and dexterity. An entire nation held their breath as Shakti caressed the air with her aerial acts. And a benchmark was set for excellence in dance that left all of India breathless and begging for more!

Get set television audiences and brace yourselves for yet another spectacular offering from India's biggest media conglomerate Zee TV. Called 'Dance ke Superstars' this innovative dance format will see the champions of DID Season 1 and Season 2 put their best foot forward against each other. The show will have all your favorite contestants - Shakti, Dharmesh, Siddhesh, Alisha, Vrushali, Mayuresh and a host of others - who will outshine each other in a format that is sure to get all hooked. The five week contest titled Dance ke Superstars launches on 15 April 2011 and will air every Friday & Saturday at 9 30 pm.

Zee TV's new dance format will give viewers a chance to witness who amongst all has the mettle to covet the title of a Dancing Superstar. As per the format, there are 2 teams - Jalwa and Josh. They consist of 10 contestants each and the 'Dance ke Baap's' from DID L'il Masters lead the teams as captains. The Jalwa team will have contestants from DID Season 1 - Mayuresh, Siddhesh, Paulson, Vrushali, Alishah, Khushboo, Prince, Jai and they will be captained by L'il Atul and Avneet. Similarly, the Josh team will have contestants from DID Season 2 - Shakti, Dharmesh, Binny, Punit, Kishore, Kruti, Amrita and Amar and are led by Jeetumoni and Vaishnavi as Captains.

The channel has roped in the God of Dance - Shiamak Davar to judge these extremely s****ful dancers. Dancer-choreographer-entrepreneur-philanthropist, Shiamak is India's most successful choreographer and has invented Bollywood dance as we know it. He introduced his own style of dancing that incorporates soft jazz influences, vibrant Kathak moves and a bit of contemporary fun in Mumbai 30 years ago.

Speaking on the launch, Mr. Ashish Golwalkar , Non Fiction Head Zee TV, "While Season 1 proved to be a path breaking show for all aspiring dancers , the uncontainable excitement was more palpable in its sequel - Season 2. The chosen 20 contestants selected for Dance ke Superstars have defied every obstacle and won the hearts of not only the audiences but also gathered endless accolades from renowned choreographers and actors from our Industry since their debut on the show. This will be one platform where you will see who is a better dancer- is it Prince or Dharmesh, Shakti or Alishah, Siddhesh or Punit?"

"There could be no other better judge than Shaimak to evaluate the dancing prowess of these ace performers. Shaimak is an institute in dance himself and is considered one of the best choreographer's worldwide. We are happy to associate with him as his presence will give the contestants a new learning that will only help them in their careers," added Mr Golwalkar.

On being a part of Dance Ke Superstars as the Dance Maestro, Shaimak Davar said, 'It's an absolute delight to be a part of this wonderful family called Dance India Dance. And I am extremely honored about the fact they have given me the responsibility of choosing the ultimate Dance ke Superstars. On this platform, one is surrounded by so much energy and talent that I hope I will do justice to the role that I have been given!'

To bring out the best in every contestant and to ease the tension on the floor, the witty Manish Paul has been roped into anchor the show. Every week, one will also see ace dance exponents like Geeta Kapoor, Marzi Pestonji and a host of other Bollywood celebrities on the show. The show is being produced by The Real Picture (TRP).

Watch the fun, the spectacle, the grind, the grandeur, the passion, the frenzy, the camaraderie, the rehearsals, the victories, the disappointments, the razzmatazz and some absolutely mind boggling performances in a whole new season of dynamic dancing!

Tune-in to watch the Best of the Best in Dance Ke Superstars

on Zee TV, every Fri & Sat at 9:30 pm!
Old 04-09-2011, 01:58 PM

Gosh im so excited for this show!!! but just a few questions. in the article it says jeetumoni (he even came to DID doubles to promote dance ke superstars with vaishnavi), but in the pictures there's rituraj instead of jeetu. so my question is if there was a typo in the article or is it really jeetu?

i'd read previously that salman was also in this show and i think i even saw him in one of the promos for dance ke superstars. but his name is not mentioned in the article nor is he in the picture. do any of you guys know for sure if he's in the show or not?

Lastly, i feel like when it comes to the captains of the team the Season 2 team immediately have an advantage because jeetu and vaishu were definitely the better dancer from Lil' Masters. i feel like it would be fairer if the pairing for the captains among the 4 kids were different. i love jeetu and vaishu jodi, they've done so many dances together as a jodi in lil' masters and i am looking forward to seeing them together again. however im just saying what i typed earler by looking at things from a fair point of view. i cant believe how big the kids have grown since we last saw them in lil' masters, especially avneet. she's become so pretty. i remember her being the tiny cute one along with anurag.wow, has it really been that long?

Tags
dance ke superstars, participants, reality shows, zee

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->