Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Rohit Verma: Fashion designer or fashion choreographer?

Views: 5054  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 10-29-2009, 06:19 PM

Default Rohit Verma: Fashion designer or fashion choreographer?

Bigg Boss has always faced allegation that the show is all scripted and fake. Perhaps, for the first time a contestant is accused of faking his identity. That unfortunate chap is Rohit Verma who allegedly is not a fashion designer but a fashion choreographer.

This question has been raised after Fashion Design Council of India President Sunil Seth reportedly said, “I personally don’t know Rohit Verma but I have met him at Dubai Fashion Week and I saw his role more as a fashion choreographer than a fashion designer and definitely he is not in the Delhi fashion circuit.”

Noted designer Charu Parashar has reportedly stated that Rohit claims to be a designer but isn’t one for sure.

Watching him in Bigg Boss, we’ve already seen Verma teach few dance steps to Claudia Ciesla and Sherlyn Chopra.

We spoke to a source close to Verma. This person has worked with Verma in the past.

“Look. Rohit isn’t among the A-list designers of Delhi but he’s a designer nonetheless. I’ve worked with him before. He’s also played a cameo role in Madhur Bhandarkar’s film Fashion. In addition to this, he’s a stylist for few Bollywood celebs. Verma may not be a registered member of FDCI but so are many other designers of Delhi. Besides, FDCI isn’t the sole authority in the country. Other fashion bodies too have come up,” said the source
Verma’s name certainly doesn’t figure in the list of designers on the FDCI website but there’s some material on him on the net which suggests that Verma is a designer. Bollywood actress Hrishita Bhatt has walked the ramp for him at the Rohit Verma fashion show held on 13 August, 2007 in Mumbai.

Well, to get the true picture we need to wait for Mr.Verma to come out of Bigg Boss house. For now though, we’ll watch him design divisive strategies.

Tags
bigg boss 3, celebrity

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->